11/1 Build Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmonelo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and this is my first post. I was lucky to get and reserve a dealer stock order (with placing a down payment) in California last week. The dealer only provided me with the typical preview order / order summary. Today I called Ford Performance and they stated the dealer order was submitted back in July. However, the current build week for the truck is November 1st!!!!! This sucks, was hoping the truck would be available sooner. With current shipping timeframes to CA, I likely won't see my truck till the end of November or December :( I have been reading this forum, haven't seen anyone post November build dates... it's literally on the cusp of the 22MY F150 build dates... I might be the last person to receive a Raptor in 2021!

Is anyone else this late in their build dates? I was hoping since its priority 01 it would get built sooner, but I guess they are indeed giving preference to retail orders versus stock. I provided the dealer with a "non-refundable" $1,000 down payment. Now I'm curious if I should just wait for the 22MY. Does anyone have even the slightest educated guess when the 22MY order books will be available? Is everyone expecting it to be Sept 15th like the regular F150's? Any educated guesses on if Ford will conduct two different build cycles again? Will the 22MY Raptor be pushed back till summer 2022?

I jumped on this Raptor cause it "only" had a $3,000 mark up, which is very low for CA. I thought about out of state but I'd have to pay for the same or more in shipping right now anyways. I also secured this spot hoping the truck would be built sooner. I wanted the 37 Performance Package and the Tech package, but this truck had the color and moonroof and carbon fiber pack. So it was almost everything I wanted. I have a decked-out Toyota Tacoma and the interior space is just way too small for two big dogs and a newborn baby. I should have kept my 14MY Gen 1 Raptor!

Here is a copy of the order summary if anyone cares. IMG-1456.jpg

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and this is my first post. I was lucky to get and reserve a dealer stock order (with placing a down payment) in California last week. The dealer only provided me with the typical preview order / order summary. Today I called Ford Performance and they stated the dealer order was submitted back in July. However, the current build week for the truck is November 1st!!!!! This sucks, was hoping the truck would be available sooner. With current shipping timeframes to CA, I likely won't see my truck till the end of November or December :( I have been reading this forum, haven't seen anyone post November build dates... it's literally on the cusp of the 22MY F150 build dates... I might be the last person to receive a Raptor in 2021!

Is anyone else this late in their build dates? I was hoping since its priority 01 it would get built sooner, but I guess they are indeed giving preference to retail orders versus stock. I provided the dealer with a "non-refundable" $1,000 down payment. Now I'm curious if I should just wait for the 22MY. Does anyone have even the slightest educated guess when the 22MY order books will be available? Is everyone expecting it to be Sept 15th like the regular F150's? Any educated guesses on if Ford will conduct two different build cycles again? Will the 22MY Raptor be pushed back till summer 2022?

I jumped on this Raptor cause it "only" had a $3,000 mark up, which is very low for CA. I thought about out of state but I'd have to pay for the same or more in shipping right now anyways. I also secured this spot hoping the truck would be built sooner. I wanted the 37 Performance Package and the Tech package, but this truck had the color and moonroof and carbon fiber pack. So it was almost everything I wanted. I have a decked-out Toyota Tacoma and the interior space is just way too small for two big dogs and a newborn baby. I should have kept my 14MY Gen 1 Raptor!

Here is a copy of the order summary if anyone cares. View attachment 317922
Congrats on getting a MY21 in California for only $3k ADM. As unfortunate as it is, that’s a huge accomplishment. As to your question, I’ve not seen a build date that late. I’m still, at least as of last Friday, scheduled for a 9/20 build week. If I were you, and had no reason to rush, I’d release the catch and wait for MY22.

OP
OP
pmonelo

pmonelo

Reaction score
Thanks Oggie, I agree with the idea for a 22MY. The only reason I would prefer one sooner than later is because of the small need for the bigger interior. My lady and I went to a cabin with our newborn and took our two dogs. The Tacoma was packed with gear (baby gear) and it was a mess and there was no room for anything. I put the dogs in the back of the truck with a bed rack and door so they can't get out. Two German Shepard dogs ruin anything they touch. So we put all of our stuff inside of our truck. So I'd like the Raptor sooner to help with any further trips. We went last week to Napa (without the dogs) in our 19 Grand Cherokee. That had plenty of room, but I was still wishing I had a full-size truck for these family trips. I plan to get a SmartCap RSI camper shell as soon as possible when I get the Raptor. Of course, none of this would even be an issue if we didn't have dogs.... but that's likely never going to happen.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At what point do we decide to wait for the 22MY? I’m just worried the 22’s won’t be out till Summer 22.
I think I've basically made my mind up that if my dealer will allow me to switch to a MY'22 37" order (on 9/15 when the order banks open) then I'm doing that. If they say they have no 37" allocation or try any BS then I'll likely take my 35" '21 and enjoy it while I wait to try to trade it in on a R later this year or a 37" in 2 years. This market is nuts and I did really well when trading in my 2019 Raptor back in July.

I know this is frustrating for some of us... but really... I keep coming back to how lucky I am that this is what consumes my focus on a Wednesday afternoon. These are not "problems". haha.

That being said, I upgraded from a Tacoma back in 2017 to a crew cab F150.... you're about to be amazed at how much easier family hauling becomes! Be patient and get the truck you want..... you can stretch that Tacoma out for a few more months.

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I sold my 19 to Future Ford Sac, and ordered 21 back July 1 from my Oregon Dealer.. still no build date and I'm a priority 01-- they keep telling me its ANY DAY.... I am also at the point of wishing for a 22.... However ,just because the order banks open Sept 15 and start building Nov 15, doesn't mean that you will get a Dec 22.. could be months out... at least that is what I keep trying to sell to myself :(