10R80 stuck in tow mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F100Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious of any others have had issue with a 10R80 stuck in tow mode? If so what was the fix?

Not the tow haul button or circuit.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve not seen this myself, nor can I remember reading of it here. Dare I suggest FORSCAN, check for DTC’s?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only thing I’ve seen is a Raptor being towed by a motor home and his raptor caught on fire when in tow mode, can’t remember the specifics on that , but there was some issue with the transmission. I’m guessing you’re talking about that type of “tow mode”

OP
OP
F

F100Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I’ve seen is a Raptor being towed by a motor home and his raptor caught on fire when in tow mode, can’t remember the specifics on that , but there was some issue with the transmission. I’m guessing you’re talking about that type of “tow mode”
Yes, No indication on dash cluster but obvious stuck in Tow Mode. It should go to normal mode each time key is cycled. I typed it into google and seems a common issue with F150 in general.

OP
OP
F

F100Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the battery.
I actually ran full scan, I reflashed the transmission, instrument cluster, pcm and bcm to as built. I tested circuit and checked PIDS to make sure the Tow button is working. M mode and - + buttons work fine.

Transmission works great otherwise.

I think its hurting my MPG by quite a bit also. Had hoped for better than 22-25