10k over sticker for a raptor msrp is 79,945 I have a guy in Houston selling it if anybody is interested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Paying ADM has never been a “smart” bet
A house that was worth 250 was selling for 315-325 In May and June but now that house is maybe 275, maybe. The buyers that could afford 275k in May can only afford 225k now at 8%
Californians that were making the move for political reasons I have most made them by now and the money has dried up. Thankfully!!
These are what some friends of mine call: “Clues”. At 7-8%, not only are marginal buyers hit, but everyones money is affected. However, the lenders also become a little disproportionally more strict in their lending to lower income borrowers, and rightly so given what happened in the late 90’s to early 2000’s. This will carry over into auto lending too.

It will not be seeking for msrp in 3 months. Maybe in 6 or a year.
A bit of wishful thinking, or just doomsaying?
The brakes are being pressed on the economy HARD. We’re seeing week to week changes that are substantial so I would not want to be ’trending’ how prices will go in the current market.
No matter what people will continue to buy raptors. Here in Austin they don’t last long and are still selling for 15 to 20k over sticker.
The former is true, at least until it’s not true. The latter may have been true through recent times, but Austin’s time in the barrel is coming.

If you think Austin is immune, or won’t have trouble because it’s got unique financial considerations, has its own micro economic features, you will find out soon enough.

I used to live in Fairfax County, VA. Just how elite is Fairfax? you can make 6 figures and be on public housing assistance in Fairfax. I couldn’t find the link, but it was local news for a couple days in the 20 teens. Post ’08 crisis, local houses took a huge hit, despite the very large population of beltway bandit contractors for the Fed.

And, just because the advertised prices is sporting an ADM, doesn’t mean it sells with the ADM or the full ADM.

OP
OP
V

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never said Austin is Immune. I would never pay over sticker for any vehicle, Im getting my gen 3 at sticker. All I was trying to say is that there is people out there that are willing to pay adm.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I never said Austin is Immune.
I'll say it. As long as history repeats itself, that is. Between 2006 and 2014, Austin housing sales slowed somewhat but actual prices barely ticked down in 2008-2009, then it was off to the races again. It's hard for people from other parts of the country to understand this, but it's true.

holder.jpg

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never said Austin is Immune. I would never pay over sticker for any vehicle, Im getting my gen 3 at sticker. All I was trying to say is that there is people out there that are willing to pay adm.
If you live in Austin and can get a new Raptor for MSRP, then why can’t I drive 3 hours to Austin and do the same? In my opinion Austin will tank the hardest in TX, as it is the closest politically we have in Tx that compares to CA. And ~4-5 million moved out of CA in the last 2 years. CA lost seats in the House and TX and FL picked them up Just from the 2020 consensus. Mark/flag this thread and come back to me in February to see if I’m right. Okay okay. I will get back in my lane. I really only know my area since that’s all I invested in.

OP
OP
V

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t order my gen 3 in Austin. I had to order it from a dealership in Houston. Which if you’d like I can give you his contact. And I mean you’re not wrong. Which is why I’m planning on moving to CO next year.

djevox

Reaction score
I agree but probably won’t be seeing that till 2024. Or late 2023.
I hope it's sooner, but who knows. Things are so f'ed right now- it's hard to see things ever going back to what they were. Ford having 40% increases in revenue in both Q1 and Q2 of this year aren't going to voluntarily give that up. Reminds me of how the lords would ignore that the peasants didn't have money and would say "tax the serfs so we can fill our coffers." I may have messed that quote up a little, but I think it gets my point across.
I generally agree with everyone. But, what are the chances that MSRP goes up 8-10 mid 2023? I don't see a reason why they won't, considering ongoing inflation.
OEM's are already announcing a 7-20% increase in vendor (manufacturing) costs that will translate into an MSRP increase the beginning of 2023. Of course, neither OEM's or the dealers (who both are enjoying record profits) will take the hit and it'll be passed onto the customer.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If you live in Austin and can get a new Raptor for MSRP, then why can’t I drive 3 hours to Austin and do the same? In my opinion Austin will tank the hardest in TX, as it is the closest politically we have in Tx that compares to CA. And ~4-5 million moved out of CA in the last 2 years. CA lost seats in the House and TX and FL picked them up Just from the 2020 consensus. Mark/flag this thread and come back to me in February to see if I’m right. Okay okay. I will get back in my lane. I really only know my area since that’s all I invested in.
Good point, but us lifer's know that Austin has always been a liberal cesspool. Elections are held while UT is in session, which is always apparently, so the voting pool is tainted with retard activists. We came out of the last recession in tact. So, nothing new there.

One last point, I'm in the RE industry and yes there are/were tons of people coming from other parts of the country, but what nobody talks about much is that individual investors, especially from Cali, have been buying up RE here for several years. About 30 percent of my work is for investors that have no intention of moving here at the time being. Many of them buying 2-4 houses. These are H1B visa workers from other countries, one in particular, which is scary. Why we let visa workers buy property here is a whole other ball of wax.

This has created a huge housing shortage for people that want to buy a house to live in. As interest rates rise the pool of homes locals can afford shrinks even more. So they are forced to rent.

It's a mess, but it will take a while to unravel if it ever does.

Who knows what the future holds for Raptor values. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there only a brief window when covid started that you could even get a Raptor below MSRP, going back to 2010?

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t order my gen 3 in Austin. I had to order it from a dealership in Houston. Which if you’d like I can give you his contact. And I mean you’re not wrong. Which is why I’m planning on moving to CO next year.
I’m not in the market anymore. I had my heart set on CO 37, but I slapped some 37s on mine and did a tuneup on it, to see if the bottom falls out soon. I don’t want to over pay. If I’m in a good place at that time, I will make a move but it might be on a f350 Tremor as I have been towing a little heavy lately. We will see. Thanks

Last edited:

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Here's a few, one being advertised at MSRP.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220930_214330_Carscom.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220930_214330_Carscom.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 35
  • SmartSelect_20220930_214300_Carscom.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220930_214300_Carscom.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 32
  • windowsticker(3).pdf
    1 MB · Views: 6

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point, but us lifer's know that Austin has always been a liberal cesspool. Elections are held while UT is in session, which is always apparently, so the voting pool is tainted with retard activists. We came out of the last recession in tact. So, nothing new there.

One last point, I'm in the RE industry and yes there are/were tons of people coming from other parts of the country, but what nobody talks about much is that individual investors, especially from Cali, have been buying up RE here for several years. About 30 percent of my work is for investors that have no intention of moving here at the time being. Many of them buying 2-4 houses. These are H1B visa workers from other countries, one in particular, which is scary. Why we let visa workers buy property here is a whole other ball of wax.

This has created a huge housing shortage for people that want to buy a house to live in. As interest rates rise the pool of homes locals can afford shrinks even more. So they are forced to rent.

It's a mess, but it will take a while to unravel if it ever does.

Who knows what the future holds for Raptor values. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there only a brief window when covid started that you could even get a Raptor below MSRP, going back to 2010?
it call capitalism!
If you don't like it move to another country!