10k over sticker for a raptor msrp is 79,945 I have a guy in Houston selling it if anybody is interested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, to further validate what we are all thinking is happening; I Just got a second call back on my interest in a '22 where they were looking for $15k ADM and offered it a reduced 'deal' of $10k ADM. This has been on the lot at least a week in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area....

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leadfoot is awesome, I love mine and would have bought a 21 when I could. I am stuck with my 18 though and I don't see myself getting rid of it any time soon.

OP
OP
V

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree I was bumped out I didn’t get a 21 it got turned into a 22. And when I had the chance to purchase one for 5k over with 37pkg I said it was to much which is funny because it’s less than what I’m paying for my 22 msrp lol, I regret it

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s tough To answer. But if history repeats itself, then like 2008, there will be a stall. It looks like it could correct its self. I’m not saying deflation as that only happened in 1929-1934ish but a stall. Housing has already slow way down. This truck that is going for 8k over, will probably go for MSRP if it sits there a few weeks. Not many people can afford $1400 a month. And the trade in value has peaked and is descending.
You're right about the housing market. The highly inflated values were due to peak demand driven in part by historically low interest rates. Now that we're moving toward rates that will exceed 7%, the demand for housing will slow considerably. Some economists I listen to are expecting home values to fall by an average of 20%.

You can already see that to some degree with Raptors as well. The pre-owned pricing has cooled considerably (in most areas) over the past 2 months.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're right about the housing market. The highly inflated values were due to peak demand driven in part by historically low interest rates. Now that we're moving toward rates that will exceed 7%, the demand for housing will slow considerably. Some economists I listen to are expecting home values to fall by an average of 20%.

You can already see that to some degree with Raptors as well. The pre-owned pricing has cooled considerably (in most areas) over the past 2 months.

Not in my area, so many people are selling their homes in California and other West coast Lib HOLES and moving here. Our house is worth 50% more than it was in 2019 and that is not going down. As a matter of fact they continue to build new homes here and some Californian's are moving in and buying 2-3 homes for what they sold their place for back west. I just hope they also don't import their agenda voting tactics as well.

This out prices the locals and leaves those you can not pay cash or have cash on hand having to pay hundreds if not a grand more for a home that they wouldn't have had to do a few years ago.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not in my area, so many people are selling their homes in California and other West coast Lib HOLES and moving here. Our house is worth 50% more than it was in 2019 and that is not going down. As a matter of fact they continue to build new homes here and some Californian's are moving in and buying 2-3 homes for what they sold their place for back west. I just hope they also don't import their agenda voting tactics as well.

This out prices the locals and leaves those you can not pay cash or have cash on hand having to pay hundreds if not a grand more for a home that they wouldn't have had to do a few years ago.
Well I live a few miles north of the fastest growing (or at least it was) county in TX Montgomery and prices were stupid here in May. A house that was worth 250 was selling for 315-325 In May and June but now that house is maybe 275, maybe. The buyers that could afford 275k in May can only afford 225k now at 8%
Californians that were making the move for political reasons I have most made them by now and the money has dried up. Thankfully!! I flip 4-6 houses a year and my cash has competition lately, so I stepped out for a few months. Now I’m tiptoeing back in with caution has I believe we have not found the bottom and all those buyers will be upside down has they overpaid. No different then buying this Raptor at 8k over. In 3 months it will be selling for MSRP and you would be at a loss if you look at differently then a depreciating asset as most vehicles are.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I live a few miles north of the fastest growing (or at least it was) county in TX Montgomery and prices were stupid here in May. A house that was worth 250 was selling for 315-325 In May and June but now that house is maybe 275, maybe. The buyers that could afford 275k in May can only afford 225k now at 8%
Californians that were making the move for political reasons I have most made them by now and the money has dried up. Thankfully!! I flip 4-6 houses a year and my cash has competition lately, so I stepped out for a few months. Now I’m tiptoeing back in with caution has I believe we have not found the bottom and all those buyers will be upside down has they overpaid. No different then buying this Raptor at 8k over. In 3 months it will be selling for MSRP and you would be at a loss if you look at differently then a depreciating asset as most vehicles are.

I have boticed it depends on counties specifically and new constructions compared to existing inventory level s

OP
OP
V

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will not be msrp in 3 months. Maybe in 6 or a year.

Last edited: