10k maintenance “The works”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is “The Works” the right package? Normally do my own oil changes, but letting the dealer handle my raptor

I thought they came with full synthetic, but the dealer’s website says “the works” includes a synthetic blend ....

Such a simple question to bring out the usual ignorance from people on this forum."The Works" oil change service IS NOT a stealership term. You can find it on the owner.ford.com website.

The user manual clearly states that synthetic blend is the suggested motor oil for normal use. They give guidance on towing and other situations.

When you get "The Works" you are basically getting the synthetic blend oil change, tire rotation, fluid level checks/inspections and anything else called for in your owners manual for the mileage that's on your vehicle.

When you got your truck you should have received coupons in your owners manual that will give you discounts on oil changes.

I usually have them do the "Works" service and clarify that I want full synthetic.....it's a step up from blended, I tow an overland trailer and for peace of mind in a turbo engine that gets a pretty good workout off road. I never go more than 5k between changes. Ignore the Mobil 1 and Amsoil bigots...everyone has a religion. Motorcraft full synthetic is perfectly fine and a small step up from the blend for peace of mind and if you tow or operate in hot weather it's actually recommended. It's way way way more important how often you change it rather than the brand of oil. Go with what the manufacturer suggests....in this case Motorcraft but if it makes you clock tick by all means go for Mobile 1, Amsoil or any one of the dozens of good oils out there as long as it meets/exceeds Ford's oil specs you'll be fine.

Just an FYI...Due to the nature of transmissions and cooling systems I wouldn't veer off the owner manual path when it comes to tranny and coolant fluid...change more frequently sure but the brand and type are something very specific to your truck. Not saying nothing else will work just saying use extreme caution if you decide to try a different lubricant in the distant future.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m intrigued by Kirkland Signature synthetic oil sold at Costco. Wouldn’t mind giving it a whirl and doing a UOA just for kicks.

Allegedly it’s very good. I don’t remember who I read was supplying them with it. I’m not seeing enough of a price difference to switch though.