$10K for Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All right gentleman, let's just all agree and make some compromises. Spend $5,000 on the truck, Payoff $3,000 of the house loan, go on a $1,000 vacation and get some Dam food in the house instead of eating Raman Noodles.
:)

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exhaust and tune that's it. Those wheels actually look good.

Also, murder out the windows. I run 20% and 50% windshield.

Edit: Larger intercooler, BOV, KCHilites.

That will give you 3k back...

martinjoa

Reaction score
******** this is why i come and go on any forum. People are such ********** its unreal. I guess its just a reflection of society as a whole and explains why i find myself more of a loner lol. We are on a truck forum. He asked what mods you guys would do TO HIS TRUCK for 10K. Again this is a truck forum not a financial forum. If he wanted financial advice i assume this isnt where he would ask. Then cut to other people hijacking the thread to have a personal argument with a total stranger over the internet. You dorks type up your little insults on your keyboard to a total stranger and probably sit back so proud of yourself.

I would buy one of those sweet ADD bumpers and wrap the whole truck in PPF if i had 10 grand! I would also be interested to hear what you decide and how you end up liking the mods! Thats why i joined this forum.
You have an awesome truck i hope you are enjoying it and modifying it kind of keeps the fun and interest going.

rlj676

Reaction score
******** this is why i come and go on any forum. People are such ********** its unreal. I guess its just a reflection of society as a whole and explains why i find myself more of a loner lol. We are on a truck forum. He asked what mods you guys would do TO HIS TRUCK for 10K. Again this is a truck forum not a financial forum. If he wanted financial advice i assume this isnt where he would ask. Then cut to other people hijacking the thread to have a personal argument with a total stranger over the internet. You dorks type up your little insults on your keyboard to a total stranger and probably sit back so proud of yourself.

I would buy one of those sweet ADD bumpers and wrap the whole truck in PPF if i had 10 grand! I would also be interested to hear what you decide and how you end up liking the mods! Thats why i joined this forum.
You have an awesome truck i hope you are enjoying it and modifying it kind of keeps the fun and interest going.
Just curious if you’re referencing me… as you did the same thing. See paragraph 1 above from you lol?

As to mods, wheels, SVC bumper, Baja design lights and call it done.

martinjoa

Reaction score
You know after I wrote that I sort of thought the same thing lol i don’t know who I was insulting I just saw a whole page of non related back and forth. But good point

Sparda1123

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2021 Gen 3 with 12k miles.

Currently I’ve got a retrax bed cover and a Ravelco on it, other than that it’s stock.

I’ve got $10k for mods at the moment. What would you do??
I think we're putting the cart before the horse a little here. What is your intended use of the truck aka your "mission"? I think that's an important piece of info to determine priority of mods. I think once we clarify that, it may steer recommendations a little more unless you intentionally left it open ended to pick and choose from to match your "mission".

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2021 Gen 3 with 12k miles.

Currently I’ve got a retrax bed cover and a Ravelco on it, other than that it’s stock.

I’ve got $10k for mods at the moment. What would you do??

Spend some time reading the forums to get an idea of what others have done. Decide what appeals to you most. If you plan on keeping the vehicle short term, do mods you can take off. If you plan on doing the work yourself, only do mods in (or near) your comfort zone. Spread out the mods if you enjoy the process, but inflation does give a sense of urgency. And buy from the vendors here, so they keep giving us good service and deals.

I bought my Raptor for about $10k less than I had budgeted for, so completely get the "I've got 10k for mods" idea. Here's some of the mods I did.
- 12 in android screen (not needed on Gen 3)
- audio system
- steering wheel
- fog light kit
- headlights
- tail lights
- bedcover
- wheels

Pretty much all cosmetic stuff. I may get into more performance stuff one day, but I'm not really going to ever take advantage of most of that stuff.

Joey RAp

Reaction score
Don’t forget labor charge on installs , that’s another killer. Try to find dealers who work with you with price and install together at the same vendor. Buying from on line and then going to your local install will cost you and that means out of that 10k budget

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For bling - wheels, and tires too if you want bigger than 35. 37 KO2s fit without any mods, provided wheel offset isn't extreme. They also make offroad just that little bit better for added ride height/clearance, and softening the hits.

For offroad - get a second spare wheel/tire, a jack that is usable relatively quickly offload, tools to get yourself out of a pinch, and a way to secure all that in the bed. Get something to lockout the alignment too. Simple/cheaper options include cam bolts, or you can fully lock the bottoms with plates/inserts and then adjust camber/caster with SVC UCAs. Beware though, the SVC UCAs require you to drill out the spindles to fit the larger bolt rather than the tapered one. If you drive offroad at night, good lights like Baja Designs XL80s on the A pillars (look into SDHQ brackets as they are purportedly stronger. The fog pocket lights are way less effective than lights up high, and XL or Onx6 optics are considerably better than squadrons even at comparable lumens. The behind grill onx6 option from BD is pretty sweet too, and you can also mount various lights to the bumper (I added a 30" onx6 bar as an example). Consider protecting the rear end from rock spray - especially the rear shocks as the plastic stock stuff gets destroyed real quick with any sort of aggressive driving in 4 wheel drive. SVC and Foutz make metal protectors. I just wrapped the plastic with rubber and secured with hose clamps. For more serious offroad, get the Fox Factory Race stuff when it comes out, or some guys run the 19-20 stuff from fox too. SDI e click is also an option, but its still pending.

For security - ravelco

For convenience - get a tonneau cover, which protects your stuff from the elements and offers a mild deterrent for thieves.

For financial advice, I'd look elsewhere than FRF ;o)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts