$109,145 Starting Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's my feeling as well. No one wanted the EB. Supercharging the SC 6.2 is a nice upgrade for those who went that route. The Raptor deserved to be powered with a V8 like everyone has always said. I'm sure most would have appreciated the V8 to build from in all Gen's...
R,
HAP
They had no choice but to move to EB from the 6.2. Customers were demanding performance

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They had no choice but to move to EB from the 6.2. Customers were demanding performance
Customers wanted more performance and during this time period, Eco’s and the Aluminum body translated to better mileage in all F-150’s equipped this way. So became the 3.5 H.O. For the Raptor. More power and better economy. Not that economy was the name of the game in this truck, range was welcomed for people who really go off the grid. There were no EV’s or limited hybrids for Ford to get CAFE credits either. Not to mention Ford didn’t have a performance V8 motor outside of maybe using a 5.0 Coyote for a truck. Im not complaining about the eco and I have one. It’s pretty darn good all around. While the 5.2 Predator is stellar, it seems to be limited and out the truck way into a new class. It really should have been in TRX range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts