$109,145 Starting Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
87% of the numbers you see on the internet are made up on the spot ...

I'm good with made up numbers if they are clearly estimates or safe to assume. Like if you told me that 95% of men prefer to pee standing up. But when you throw out numbers that don't feel right, like 60% of men prefer their wife to be in charge of the finances, and then do math with them, seems fair to ask where the numbers came from.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For me personally, I have never special ordered a vehicle before, but I would do it. But certainly not without being able to drive a similar model in person before I decide.
I have ordered before and it was great. I got exactly what I wanted without having to pay for things I didn't want. Having to wait a month was the only downside, but it was well worth it. But I'd never ever order a vehicle without driving one first. Everyone I know who's done that has been unhappy. I'm really picky about seats and visibility. There are trucks out there that I didn't bother test driving after just sitting in one and another that failed the test drive in dramatic fashion.

leadedfoot99

Reaction score
Where'd you come up with these numbers? 3% of the US population is about 10 million.
3% of the working population. Which implies to be able to afford one of these, you are in the top 3%. Meaning you have an income of about $330,000 USD per year to buy a $109,000 truck and not be an idiot.

Top 10% of working population means you are average about $173,176 a year. If you are at the bottom of that 10th percentile you are making $133,482. You can afford a typical Raptor at this level.

Wage data taking from the Economic Policy Institute crossed with some general accepted auto loan practices from a top high net worth low risk bank.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is in the business of making money and they don’t care about resale. They will build a lot of these as they are the most profitable F150. With a coming recession that will hit “pickup truck buyers” if someone has patience, in 12-18 months these will most likely follow the same discount path of the TRX. It’s basic economics- as others have pointed out there is a limited buyer at $109k.

ADM today discounts in 2023…. I feel like people are forgetting (maybe ignoring) that Raptors were below sticker just a few years ago but started out w ADM.

Higher car loans, higher unemployment, lower stock market and a somewhat normal chip production in 2023 will hit demand on all cars. People are still (for whatever reason) living like it’s 2021. As used car prices fall you are going to have a lot of people w negative equity on cars.

That being said mentally when I factor in delivery, sunroof, sales tax and a clear bra I just don’t see the value looking at the spec sheet when when I take the emotion out of “but it’s a V8!!”.
I’m on my 2nd gen2 both bought new & both paid below sticker, $5k below on the 2018….people have short memories these days lol

Reaction score
They will build a lot of these as they are the most profitable F150.
The GT500 is the most profitable mustang, and they don't build a lot of them.

Just for fun, I emailed Investor Relations asking them to comment on the anticipated profitability of the RaptorR given the money spent on news and press release vs what they spend on the GT500 launches and was referred to Ford Performance as technically this is a Ford Performance truck.

Ford Performance's response when I asked how the production numbers of the RaptorR would compare to the GT500's ~5,000/year was given they use the same limited hand build engine:

"By its nature I would think that it would be more limited in run. (referring to the Raptor R)

I would talk to your salesperson/Ford Dealer of choice for more details on ordering for the Raptor R."

Who knows, but I'm erring on the side that this the GT500 of trucks, and we'll maybe see 5,000/year.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3% of the working population. Which implies to be able to afford one of these, you are in the top 3%. Meaning you have an income of about $330,000 USD per year to buy a $109,000 truck and not be an idiot.

Top 10% of working population means you are average about $173,176 a year. If you are at the bottom of that 10th percentile you are making $133,482. You can afford a typical Raptor at this level.

Wage data taking from the Economic Policy Institute crossed with some general accepted auto loan practices from a top high net worth low risk bank.

I guess I'm in between 3% and 10%. I'm not buying an R but I could if I really want to. Something to factor is that many of the buyers are going to be trading in value vehicles in the process, so that $110k, or whatever it is, may actually be an $60k or whatever. And since inflation is near 10% right now, it's not the worst decision to throw money at a vehicle, despite depreciation. Particularly if there are not a lot of other areas you want to spend money on right now...or don't wife and kids to suck you dry.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have ordered before and it was great. I got exactly what I wanted without having to pay for things I didn't want. Having to wait a month was the only downside, but it was well worth it. But I'd never ever order a vehicle without driving one first. Everyone I know who's done that has been unhappy. I'm really picky about seats and visibility. There are trucks out there that I didn't bother test driving after just sitting in one and another that failed the test drive in dramatic fashion.

I can't really say I've needed to special order. I've either been at a point where I was more interested in bargain peasant vehicle than exactly what I want, or the dealer already had exactly what I want. I would have done it for the Raptor, but I got a good deal on a slightly used.

leadedfoot99

Reaction score
I guess I'm in between 3% and 10%. I'm not buying an R but I could if I really want to. Something to factor is that many of the buyers are going to be trading in value vehicles in the process, so that $110k, or whatever it is, may actually be an $60k or whatever. And since inflation is near 10% right now, it's not the worst decision to throw money at a vehicle, despite depreciation. Particularly if there are not a lot of other areas you want to spend money on right now...or don't wife and kids to suck you dry.

As a wise man once said "we'll see"