$109,145 Starting Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SVC Mid-travel
Biggest thing is the coilover rear setup clearly protects the axles/diff/T-case/driveshafts etc to the extent Ford felt confident dialing the TQ way back up on the ttV6 & applying the 5.2 SC to it essentially unchanged, then clearly the platform can handle more power/TQ w/ fewer issues than the gen2 w/ the leaf springs.

Also makes me wonder if the #s on the Raptor-R are underrated as well, if the ttV6 is making over 500tq to the rear wheels, that’s essentially 650ish give or take @ the cranks - it’s either right around or slightly higher than the TQ this Raptor R is rated at - of course the R is gonna make more HP

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford with their allocation system is creating the enviroment for dealers to mark up inventory. FCA doesnt have this issue on TRX/392's or chargers/challengers. Dealer allocation is diferent than customer orders. Ford commingles the two allowing dealers to take advantage of its customers. Buy dealer allocation TRX is 80k , buy it by placing a factory order is 68k

That's a good point. I suppose if customers got the guaranteed order through Ford, and could then shop around for the dealer they want to work with, then MSRP would probably be their price. It would have to come with no resale for 1 year or something promise though as the market value is clearly above MSRP.

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like some others, if this was 90K I’d be a player. Unfortunately, I’d have to spend another 20K to make it mine and this without any ADM (won’t pay it anyway). So I’m probably out. Can’t help but think Ford is making a mistake here, especially given you can actually order and get a TRX for much less. I wouldn’t buy a TRX but it’s the truth. Harley Davidson tried that reduced volume game some years ago to drive up price and demand and it backfired. I’m also amazed like some others there aren’t big brakes with a fair increase in horsepower. Too bad, these will be trophy trucks for someone.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Beefier than what? Gen 2? Gen 3? Gen 3 on 37s?

Ford could've just slapped a V8 under the hood and called it a day, but the Raptor R needs to have the durability to have the absolute snot beat out of it. A larger oil pan will let the truck handle grades without worrying about oil starvation, while a larger intake and new oil cooler should help keep gases and liquids from getting too hot. The Raptor R also picks up a new front axle, a larger aluminum driveshaft, as well as an active exhaust system with pass-through mufflers and valving that changes the exhaust note based on vehicle mode.

Since the Raptor is all about blasting through the desert as fast as possible, the Raptor R's suspension looks up to that task. Fox Live Valve shocks are hiding behind those beefcake body panels, and combined with some massive coil springs, the Raptor R offers 13 inches of wheel travel in the front and 14.1 inches in the rear. Standard ground clearance is an impressive 13.1 inches, and its standard 37-inch all-terrain tires should provide plenty of grip when the asphalt disappears.
And stainless steel manifolds as well.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were some people doing trades based on the uniqueness of the used market values, but overall, I think people spending stupid money did so because they had stupid money. A lot of folks were in the market because they needed a vehicle or because it was just the right time for them for personal finances, despite overall market.

I don't think many people in the Raptor market are relying on government handouts. Could be wrong. As far as interest rates, they are still way below inflation, so unless you have a good investment in mind, you're better off buying now then letting your money sit under a mattress.

We don't know what ADMs are now, since there are no sales, so you can't really say they will be cut in half by the time they start selling. It's all just guesses at this point. But I do think Ford is going to be careful at keeping supply somewhat limited. They don't want to flood the market and then hurt sales of the reg Raptor. The thing that really have to worry about is make sure people believe the R is that much better than TRX or reg Rap.
$50 k over MSRP

leadedfoot99

Reaction score
Less than 3% of the working population can afford a $109,000 raptor....

12% of the working population can afford an $80,000 raptor....

I would expect they make maybe 1,500 of them.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that thats how many MY 21' - 37's they made and will be about the same for MY22'. if thats the case the numbers might even be less. could be in the 500-1000 range. at those numbers. they possibly could be investment grade purchase.

Darkalley

Reaction score
Ford is in the business of making money and they don’t care about resale. They will build a lot of these as they are the most profitable F150. With a coming recession that will hit “pickup truck buyers” if someone has patience, in 12-18 months these will most likely follow the same discount path of the TRX. It’s basic economics- as others have pointed out there is a limited buyer at $109k.

ADM today discounts in 2023…. I feel like people are forgetting (maybe ignoring) that Raptors were below sticker just a few years ago but started out w ADM.

Higher car loans, higher unemployment, lower stock market and a somewhat normal chip production in 2023 will hit demand on all cars. People are still (for whatever reason) living like it’s 2021. As used car prices fall you are going to have a lot of people w negative equity on cars.

That being said mentally when I factor in delivery, sunroof, sales tax and a clear bra I just don’t see the value looking at the spec sheet when when I take the emotion out of “but it’s a V8!!”.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cmon man. You are getting rapped and justify the perv's action by saying maybe he really had to get laid.
This will be an extremely limited run. Inflation wont matter anyway. You might be into something with the EPA numbers tho. Overall at 110k pricepoint, Ford is dipping into real Baja trucks pricing. 110k+ ADM + TTL is a $150k truck. If you pay $150k on a Ford half assed release you either go through a divorce or you have no common sense
And when you need service on your $150k truck, you still go to a Ford dealership and get put into a loaner Ford Edge.

Its bad enough spending $80k and ending up in an Edge lol.

For $150k I want white glove service. Like you get at Mercedes, Porsche, BMW...