GEN 2 107 MPH Speed limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seen this discussion on other truck forums...People will keep finding mechanical reasons NOT to exceed the factory limit (tires, driveshaft, brakes, etc....) and their not wrong...Now some of these issues can pop up at 106 mph also...
All that being said every so often I've felt the "need for speed" while on the desert highway when the traffic is very light or non exsistant. My last truck was a 04' Titan tuned for 91 oct and the speed limit removed..That truck hauled ass and I had it to about 127 mph several times (I stopped going faster, common sense kicked it) and it was still pulling...but for a short time because although I wasn't dangerous to anyone else if something goes wrong it was going to be worst then bad...

Favorite overspeed?...running against a friend running in his stock Duramax to it's limited top end (99 mph) and looking over at him, I waved and dropped a gear and left him until I was at 125+...Ran at that speed for maybe 30 seconds...

I just might be tempted to remove the factory limiter if I could...

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My gen1 did 125. I’ll soon know what a tuned g2 will do. I’m guessing 135