GEN 2 107 MPH Speed limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iumbastu

iumbastu

Reaction score
And you're still not going to keep up with a German sports sedan in the twisties. I have little doubt anyone who thinks otherwise has never driven as fast as they think they have, otherwise they wouldn't make such ridiculous claims. If you think the Raptor corners well, you have zero clue what a car that corners well is actually supposed to feel like.

Remember this thread was about a speed limiter removal.

In closing, I’ll agree with you that if I’m driving my RS7 or my Raptor, the RS7 wins on pavement all day every day. The point you’re overlooking is not all drivers of your average mainstream Audi, BMW or MBZ sports sedan are nearly as capable as the Raptor owning enthusiasts on this board. We can always start a new thread to continue the discussion. Raptor vs car of choice...who wins and in what environment.

Thanks to those that contributed in helping me evaluate my limiter options!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And you're still not going to keep up with a German sports sedan in the twisties. I have little doubt anyone who thinks otherwise has never driven as fast as they think they have, otherwise they wouldn't make such ridiculous claims. If you think the Raptor corners well, you have zero clue what a car that corners well is actually supposed to feel like.

LOL, looks like we found the cliche BMW owner who thinks he is a lot better driver than he really is. Driving a car quickly isn't anywhere near as easy as you think it is. My money is on the better driver every time.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL, looks like we found the cliche BMW owner who thinks he is a lot better driver than he really is. Driving a car quickly isn't anywhere near as easy as you think it is. My money is on the better driver every time.

Sounds like we found the guy in the forum who must have the last word and gets from posts what wasn’t said nor even implied, who follows up with random words that attempt to, but fail to refute anything he quoted.

You think a Raptor can keep up with German sports cars in a road course. Your ignorance is displayed clearly enough already.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most of this is simply aerodynamics. I’m guessing the truck would turn into a sail at those speeds

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like we found the guy in the forum who must have the last word and gets from posts what wasn’t said nor even implied, who follows up with random words that attempt to, but fail to refute anything he quoted.

You think a Raptor can keep up with German sports cars in a road course. Your ignorance is displayed clearly enough already.

Just because you don't know how to drive your truck quickly doesn't mean it cannot be driven quickly. But if makes your ego feel better, keep blaming your equipment instead of learning how to drive.

Technique trumps hardware every time and is why a professional driver in a box van can keep up with an automotive journalist in a European sports sedan on one of the most famous race tracks in the world.

edit: FYI, it isn't the soft suspension or high center of gravity holding the raptor back on the track, it is the offroad tires. After putting a competent driver behind the wheel, the next biggest lap time gains would come from putting street rubber on the wheels.

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just because you don't know how to drive your truck quickly doesn't mean it cannot be driven quickly. But if makes your ego feel better, keep blaming your equipment instead of learning how to drive.

Technique trumps hardware every time and is why a professional driver in a box van can keep up with an automotive journalist in a European sports sedan on one of the most famous race tracks in the world.

edit: FYI, it isn't the soft suspension or high center of gravity holding the raptor back on the track, it is the offroad tires. After putting a competent driver behind the wheel, the next biggest lap time gains would come from putting street rubber on the wheels.

I get it. You're too stupid to realize the Raptor isn't a canyon carver. You're not a special driver. You're a keyboard racer who over estimates his driving abelites and the abilities of his vehicle.

OP
OP
iumbastu

iumbastu

Reaction score
I get it. You're too stupid to realize the Raptor isn't a canyon carver. You're not a special driver. You're a keyboard racer who over estimates his driving abelites and the abilities of his vehicle.

I don’t really want to wade into this discussion, but I do believe there’s a point to be made with the referenced racing of a van around one of the most famous race tracks. I would be curious to see what she could do with a raptor...enjoy the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t really want to wade into this discussion, but I do believe there’s a point to be made with the referenced racing of a van around one of the most famous race tracks. I would be curious to see what she could do with a raptor...enjoy the video.

A Raptor on the "ring". Not the fastest way around, but definitely the most fun.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor corners well for what it is & given the tires/suspension/heft it carries w/ it- that’s about it.

I would think it’d make a good “getaway” vehicle though regardless of cornering prowess because it could go up & over a lot of shit that would usually take out most cars/trucks lol

I don’t think it’s smart to drive a raptor (or any full size pickup really) much over 90mph anyhow. It literally has some of the worst braking performance of any vehicle on the road, it has a high center of gravity, is very heavy, is not aerodynamic at all, has a floaty suspension, off road tires, shit it pretty much checks all the boxes of what NOT to do for a high speed vehicle lol

The ONLY reason I could see if needing to remove the limiter would be for people going to dragstrip who’d otherwise run outta MPH & not cut as good a time as they could otherwise.