GEN 2 107 MPH Speed limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iumbastu

Reaction score
Over the last month or so, I keep hitting 107 speed limiter, in my 2017 screw, and it’s driving me *%^# crazy.

Did my dealer slip her something when he was under the hood at the last check up? I don’t think I ever saw a limiter until just after the last service...

Is there an easy fix? Thank you in advance

sobiloff

Reaction score
107 MPH is the speed limit for the OEM KO2s. I don't believe that that's something that can be changed with FORScan; you'll need a tune to defeat the limiter, and I'd recommend different tires, too.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Joking aside, centripetal forces are exponential (F=mv^2/r). This means going from 100mph to 125mph increases the loading on the tire by nearly 60%. Running tires over the speed rating, even by a little bit is a very bad idea. In high-speed cars, the tire is almost always the limiting factor.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
speed rating are obtained my running max pressure , max load , max temp for extended period of time 60 mins i believe. A brief hit to higher mph than rated wont do squat

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speed rating are obtained my running max pressure , max load , max temp for extended period of time 60 mins i believe. A brief hit to higher mph than rated wont do squat
Exactly. Drag radials on my Hellcat are rated to 165 but guys have been 190+ on them

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It also includes running tires that don't have any damage on a smooth surface. An innocuous cut or bump in the road at 80mph could trigger a fatal blowout at 125.

Overloading a tire by 60% turns you into a test pilot since you are pushing tires well past their design limits. Of course, the laws of physics don't apply to do you, so feel free to disregard.