100 Mph Dry Lake Bed Runs..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fo96lv

Reaction score
Was that McCullough pass you went through near 7 Magic Mountains? I was going to hit that trail this weekend but decided to explore the Kern River high pressure trail off of Blue Diamond. Super rocky but out there but managed to get up to 40 before ending up behind Summit Club.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Was that McCullough pass you went through near 7 Magic Mountains? I was going to hit that trail this weekend but decided to explore the Kern River high pressure trail off of Blue Diamond. Super rocky but out there but managed to get up to 40 before ending up behind Summit Club.
It wasn’t the Pass but some Trails near there. Maybe next week I’ll run McCullough and Beer Bottle out to Stateline

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in DV did you get up to 100mph?
Pre run! pre run! pre run! I am sure John has posted it as well. A fun place besides Bonneville is the playa in the Alvord desert in southern Oregon. Yes, it seems to take forever at ~30 mph to pre run what happens "fast" at 100 but it may save your butt. Bonneville, not so much but the playa of the Alvord will have random cracks from hell. Because it is so flat, you can't see them till within about 50 foot. Most are about 18" wide and 24" deep, some 3 foot by 3 foot. Hit one of those at 100? bye bye rig as you slide to a stop on the frame rails...and that is the good version of hitting one.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something unexpected at Bonny ville. You camera girl disappears really fast. Now how do I find her in this vast "salt". No tracks you can see. land marks 30-40 miles away. Who would think you could get lost out there? Made the "drive by" quite a challenge. Sure did not want an "mistakes" at that speed. Pre run really helped.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Something unexpected at Bonny ville. You camera girl disappears really fast. Now how do I find her in this vast "salt". No tracks you can see. land marks 30-40 miles away. Who would think you could get lost out there? Made the "drive by" quite a challenge. Sure did not want an "mistakes" at that speed. Pre run really helped.
Use the GAIA App, and keep the camera girl well outside your Travel Line. I know she’s waiting for me to crash (life insurance on speed dial LOL) but Try explaining to the local Fuzzzz how you “Accidentally” ran over your Ace Photographer :oops::driver::driver::happy175: