10 Ply or 6Ply

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillBo

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I just bought a 2014 FORD RAPTOR SVT. I'm getting the BF Goodrich KO2s. Which ply is right??. The are 10 ply on it??

Thank you for the advice!

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sized up and went with E rated KO2 on my rig. I just feel more confident with a heavier wall and I only drive street and airing down on the beach. Gas mileage, ride comfort and performance aren't much concern to me she doesn't get used hardly much these days and I'd rather think of it as a tank.

OP
OP
W

WillBo

Reaction score
I will be off road very little. I would just like to put OEM back on.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In that case go with C range. The OE tires were Cs also.
Wrong, they were D class. FOR THE GEN 1s. Discontinued a few years back.
And BFG replaced them with the E class not the C's, C's were meant for the Gen 2s

I can only ASSume since you're new here, you are not paying attention to what section on the forum you're posting in.

@WillBo
C class is ok for the Gen 2 because the engine is slightly lighter up front and overall weight is less by 472 lbs.
But you will find many switched to E because they were only getting 30K to 35K miles out of the C's.

I stick with E and air down to 38 front tires and 35 on the rears.
Best of both worlds, smoother ride and stronger tire with better handling.
Plus tire wear is better on the E class.
C class is cheaper, if that's a concern.
You know the saying, "You get what you pay for".

Last edited:

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong, they were D class. FOR THE GEN 1s. Discontinued a few years back.
And BFG replaced them with the E class not the C's, C's were meant for the Gen 2s
Noted. Thanks.

Also, the C Range 113 load index BFG KO2 is well within a safe margin to mount on a Gen 1 Raptor. C Range can also be considerably lighter than an E if you're not needing the extra weight carrying capacity and would like to improve handling, braking, acceleration, and fuel economy.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Noted. Thanks.

Also, the C Range 113 load index BFG KO2 is well within a safe margin to mount on a Gen 1 Raptor. C Range can also be considerably lighter than an E if you're not needing the extra weight carrying capacity and would like to improve handling, braking, acceleration, and fuel economy.
Like I stated before BFG replaced the D with the E for the Gen 1
600+ lbs. load capacity more on the Ds, now that a big deal for the S speed rating.

With less ply the C's will roll more over the rims, not seeing better handling.
I don't see have an emergency avoidance with C class on a Gen 1 being all that good.
Or even the Gen 2 for that matter.

And 1.8 pounds difference is not considerably lighter. (for the S speed rated tires)
I don't think you'll even see a couple of teas spoons more per mile between the two.

Last edited: