1/4 Mile Times - Pre and Post Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run 3 (stock tune):
60’ - 2.092
ET - 14.358 @ 93.33

Run 6 (MPT 93 PR-X):
60’ - 1.986
ET - 13.781 @ 96.39

Picking up 5mph is pretty huge. Nice to see the truck does a sub 2 60 foot. Looks like bigger turbos will be needed for 12s. Pretty cool on bfgs.

Nuts that with NO Temp decrease, and 3 consecutive runs with zero cooling that your truck ran that much better on the Stock Tune each consecutive run...only thing on your side in those temps is the low elevation of FL.

I took the Best Runs of your 6 (Still not much of a Temp decrease, but you did let the truck cool off for the Tuned Runs), which are Runs 3 and 6...and it's a .577 Second Decrease, and a 3.06 MPH Trap Speed Increase. Not 5 MPH, but 3 MPH is still a lot, and the ET shows about 50 RWHP increase...

Thanks for Posting...Been looking for something like this for like a year now.

OP
OP
butts182

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What RPM are you leaving at? Thanks for posting your data and doing the stock tune runs first. Did you datalog? Any idea what boost level you're leaving at?

I did not datalog. I need to do that and send it to MPT. I did datalog when I initially installed the tunes.

I did not watch the boost gauge. Was trying to get the rpms where I wanted them. Next time I will brake boost at a higher rpm.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Nuts that with NO Temp decrease, and 3 consecutive runs with zero cooling that your truck ran that much better on the Stock Tune each consecutive run...only thing on your side in those temps is the low elevation of FL.

I took the Best Runs of your 6 (Still not much of a Temp decrease, but you did let the truck cool off for the Tuned Runs), which are Runs 3 and 6...and it's a .577 Second Decrease, and a 3.06 MPH Trap Speed Increase. Not 5 MPH, but 3 MPH is still a lot, and the ET shows about 50 RWHP increase...

Thanks for Posting...Been looking for something like this for like a year now.

Thanks for the analysis. I was very surprised that my third run on the stock tune was faster than the second run. The third run was literally 3 or 4 minutes after the second run.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Here a link to the videos of my runs from my dash cam. I had a quicker ET than the white F150 in the first 3 runs. The guy in the Raptor on runs 4 and 5 put his in 4A THEN switched to Sport mode without realizing that it went back into 2H. He spun both times.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCnubrRYCvqy_r3ht2hXOtZA

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here a link to the videos of my runs from my dash cam. I had a quicker ET than the white F150 in the first 3 runs. The guy in the Raptor on runs 4 and 5 put his in 4A THEN switched to Sport mode without realizing that it went back into 2H. He spun both times.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCnubrRYCvqy_r3ht2hXOtZA

Leave on that last yellow...never wait for green ;-)

Wait...so if we put our Trucks in Sport Mode, We can't be in 4A also? Or do you need to go into Sport Mode First, and THEN dial to 4A?

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leave on that last yellow...never wait for green ;-)

Wait...so if we put our Trucks in Sport Mode, We can't be in 4A also? Or do you need to go into Sport Mode First, and THEN dial to 4A?
goto sport first then turn dial to 4a

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys are braking loose at a track? was it no prep? stock tires id guess also?
so cool to see these truck make a few passes. im surprised all the snobs on here have not posted something about its a truck buy a race car or what ever they say.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s neat info.

As a general rule... MPT will get you into 13’s. Stock is in the 14s.

OP
OP
butts182

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys are braking loose at a track? was it no prep? stock tires id guess also?
so cool to see these truck make a few passes. im surprised all the snobs on here have not posted something about its a truck buy a race car or what ever they say.

I did not brake loose in 4A but the other raptor did in 2H. Both stock tires. It was prepped. One worker lost his shoe when he went to retrieve a car part in the first 60'. Ground was sticky and he stepped out of his shoe.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It is a light truck with lots of torque and tires that have a crappy skid rating. I can break the tires loose in normal, let alone sport.

Cool info butts, thanks for sharing!

Raptor-Dave

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I have the MPT PX93 tune. Best mod ever. Feels like a different truck. I can't wait to play with it at the track. Any reason you didn't try BAJA mode. I think BAJA mode shifts harder and sooner. Which should keep you in a better power band. Lots of options to play with, it will be interesting to see if any there are any measurable differences. To bad we can't lock the rear in 2 wheel drive. But I wonder if locking the rear in 4A would help. Maybe more power to the rear wheel and less power loss to the front? I saw you turned off traction control, but did you turn off Advance track too? Hold the traction control button down for 5 sec. and it turns the nannies completely off.

OP
OP
butts182

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned off advanced trac too. For some reason I think BAJA mode provides less than 100% torque. I read that only SPORT mode and NORMAL mode provide 100% torque.