“SOME” 2023 Raptor R’s Leaking Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on that list. Leaked 45 min after I picked it up from the dealer on Feb 14th.
Picture in the article is of my buddy's truck. He got his back yesterday after waiting over a month.
Parts for mine showed up Friday, and I should have the truck back next week.
Crank case seal was bad. They're replacing the seal and the cover.

OP
OP
AntiMattersMost

AntiMattersMost

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it’s a pain in the ass but I hope you have been on the phone everyday with Ford Customer Service expressing your ah frustrations. Issues like this on marquee low volume high dollar segment vehicles are beyond unacceptable. It’s bad enough on regular production but it happens.
Sorry you are in the affected group @Jred2255 and please keep us posted.

Raptorrrr

Reaction score
I'm in the boat as well. Took the truck to my dealer to have a faulty marker light replaced and asked them to do an oil change as I had racked up 2500 miles. They then noticed oil sprayed all over the skid plates. Since they didn't have a loaner to give me so they could keep the truck they added a dye to the engine oil and said I could still drive it, but to keep an eye on the oil level. This was a week ago today and am still waiting to hear back.

RDT-G23

Reaction score
I'm in the boat as well. Took the truck to my dealer to have a faulty marker light replaced and asked them to do an oil change as I had racked up 2500 miles. They then noticed oil sprayed all over the skid plates. Since they didn't have a loaner to give me so they could keep the truck they added a dye to the engine oil and said I could still drive it, but to keep an eye on the oil level. This was a week ago today and am still waiting to hear back.
Sorry about this intentional pun, but I am “leaking oil” the more I read. Mine is supposed to be built next week, but I wouldn’t even tolerate what you just have. I wouldn’t anymore drive it with a leak than have a hot tar enema. My want/need to own this truck may not be as great as many.

SuperSafety

Reaction score
That's no bueno. I'm at 2600 miles and figured I made out of the leak zone. I'm going to need to keep hoping it doesn't happen.

On another note, my R sat in the shop for a week due to a faulty CV axle.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry about this intentional pun, but I am “leaking oil” the more I read. Mine is supposed to be built next week, but I wouldn’t even tolerate what you just have. I wouldn’t anymore drive it with a leak than have a hot tar enema. My want/need to own this truck may not be as great as many.
Hot tar enema? Have you been hanging with @Oldfart ?

Nor would I drive it with a leak.

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
That's no bueno. I'm at 2600 miles and figured I made out of the leak zone. I'm going to need to keep hoping it doesn't happen.

On another note, my R sat in the shop for a week due to a faulty CV axle.
Curious, what were the symptoms of the faulty CV axle? Or was it just discovered on a routine visit to the dealer?