GEN 2 “Must do Mods”?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What kind of winch and front bumper you running? You got any pics?

Stock bumper. I got a receiver mount for the winch so it’s a modular setup. I’m actually in the process of getting power back there with quick disconnect connectors.

I didn’t really want to mess with intercooler relocation so I went this route instead.

The winch is a Badland 12000lb

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Tint
2. Backup lights (provided they've not fixed the issue since '17..that nighttime red washout sucks)
3. Fog lights
4. Stubby antenna

I dropped my skids and painted them pink. I added some a pillar light pods. I'll eventually do the jumper so the mirror lights stay on past a certain speed...both of those are for our midnight shark runs. Still want my train horn.

Taxi Lab

Reaction score
  1. Xpel clear bra entire front, A&B pillars, side mirrors and rockers
  2. Husky mud flaps (front only)
  3. Snug Top Rebel Cap with/Sportman's Package & rack rails (500lb load capacity)
  4. BedRug to match headliner in the Snug Top Cap
  5. Baja Designs lights
  6. Optic-coat Pro+ Ceramic Coating
  7. Du-ha under back seat storage

Rapster

Reaction score
The tunes negate the warranty don’t they? Would love to tune my 2018, but have an extended warranty I don’t want to lose. Any advice is appreciated.

I didn’t go the Baja route on the fog lights, seems everyone is doing it and I want something different than everyone else. I went the PlashLights route. Look them up, they have the fog light bumper brackets and a variety of pods that you can mix and match. Different power options and amber lights as well. Also have surface mounted reverse lights for bumper and light bars of all shapes and sizes.
PlashLights.com.

I’ll post pics once installed.

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tunes negate the warranty don’t they? Would love to tune my 2018, but have an extended warranty I don’t want to lose. Any advice is appreciated.

Correct - tune will most likely negate the warranty.

Shake

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. I have a 2018 so the mods might be bit different than your 2019. With that in mind, here's my "must do" if I were starting over again:

Performance:
1. SVC Intercooler - stock one is small, too small imo, for the power these turbos can generate.
2. Gearhead tune. Uses the octane sensor, doesn't appear to mess with the warranty. (Of course, I hope to never test this theory).
3. 1 degree less spark plugs (2018's use the Motorcraft FRL0043V)
4. Replace the stock resonator and exhaust to personal preference. Stock exhaust was corked up imo, and once I Borla'd up, motor rev'd quicker and sounded better, but I did lose some bottom end until the tune was installed (which is why I listed the tune above versus the way I did it).

Suspension:
1. Leafs, coils, bump stop kit (I'd suggest Icon, Geiser Bros, and SVC with Fox bumps). I went with Deavers, probably going to switch to the Icon leafs and doing the coil springs is a good mod until you figure out which direction you're going with the suspension.

Interior:
1. Forscan - Read up on it, learn how to use it, it'll change your life (or at least give you the ability to change many things on the truck). Great way to disable the fake exhaust sound, autostop, and various warning chimes. Also, one of my favorite mods was simply changing the indicators to flash 5 times versus the stock 3 when you tap the turn signal lever, great for lane changes.

Exterior:
1. Tint all the glass, including windshield.
2. Stubby antenna. Many have mentioned it and I too highly recommend it as the stock one can get a bit whip-like.

Bed:
1. Tonneau cover. I went with the Retrax pro, no complaints.
2. Builtright bed rack system. Easy to install and very functional.

Cheers.