Roush Exhaust Side exit as promised

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was able to get the exhaust put on today instead of tomorrow morning.

Everything went very good. Guy didn't mind me bothering him while he did it. I took some pictures along the way. It only took about an hour to do and that was with him texting and talking to me while doing it.

This is what the stock muffler looks like on the exit end.
2012-11-02_15-29-04_466.jpg

The piece that came with the kit that attaches the cat's to the new pipe that replaces the resonator did not fit properly. The guy chopped the one off from old resonator. after all that way done i found a piece of paper saying that is what needed to be done. DOH. lol
2012-11-02_15-37-30_234.jpg

Once he got everything hooked up now it was time to bridge the gap between the single roush exhaust exit to the dual pipes going out.
2012-11-02_15-48-37_854.jpg

Now the only problem was that the single in dual out that came with the roush exhaust, the outlet was the same diameter as the exit pipes from the factory exhaust. so he cut some pipe that would fit over both and clamped one end and welded the other side.
2012-11-02_16-02-05_250.jpg

and now here is what the tips looked like. Rotated the tips so they had the same look as the stock ones. You should be able to see the roush stamp in the tips, that was obviously meant to go up not to the side.
2012-11-02_15-29-14_671.jpg

every thing looks good... and sounds awesome. Charge me 1 hour labor $60 plus i slipped the guy 40 for go the extra mile. IMO worth the extra 40.

let me know if anyone has any questions.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done! This is similar to what I have been planning, but haven't been able to find a muffler shop with stainless steel capabilities.

Question for you... Did he use the Roush single in / dual out adapter exiting the muffler just before he tied it together with the extra pipe? Looks like he did, and just welded a support bracket to it, but wanted to ask.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mwright4679

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done! This is similar to what I have been planning, but haven't been able to find a muffler shop with stainless steel capabilities.

Question for you... Did he use the Roush single in / dual out adapter exiting the muffler just before he tied it together with the extra pipe? Looks like he did, and just welded a support bracket to it, but wanted to ask.

That is the piece that came with the roush exhaust without modification. the only modification made was the little piece of tubing that connects the 1 to 2 and the factory stock dual outlet.