Console Vault Heads-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a heads-up for anyone planning to order a Console Vault for their 2012 Raptor. Check out my original post with more information and pictures: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f93/2012-center-console-changes-13091/

Cliffs Notes version: After receiving my Console Vault (part #1026) for my 2012 Raptor, I discovered that it didn't fit. It is advertised by Console Vault to work with 2012's having the flow-through center console with floor shifter. Apparently, Ford made a mid-year change in the interior design of the 2012 console and the available 1026 vault will not fit the later consoles.

I am working with Console Vault and have made them aware of my discovery. They are obviously very interested and are trying to determine if this only applies to Raptors or the entire F150 line. One of the owners, Scott, told me that if it only applies to Raptors, they will probably not redesign the Vault. If it's applicable to the entire line, they will consider a redesign.

I realize not many Raptor owners get Console Vaults, but if you are planning to, this might be of interest to you.

I'm sot sure if this is deserving of Sticky status or not. I'll let the mods make that call.

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update

So after more than six weeks of not hearing anything back from Console Vault, I contacted them to see if they had made a decision regarding a redesign. Their response was to send me an RMA so that I could return my vault.

I guess that means they have nothing in the works for the new console design.

I gave it some thought and decided it couldn't be too difficult to modify the side bracket to work with the new Ford console design. I took a few measurements, grabbed a cut-off wheel and got busy. After making the cut, I cleaned up the rough edges, applied some flat black paint, and bolted everything together.

Attachments

• IMG_2496.jpg
    IMG_2496.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2499.jpg
    IMG_2499.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2502.jpg
    IMG_2502.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 154

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe it's just the pics but It looks like my 2010 console is deeper . you should send those pics back with the RMA. With a note saying don't worry I figured it out. they would probably spend thousands of dollars and who knows how much time trying to engineer a solution and you did it in a few minutes.

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe it's just the pics but It looks like my 2010 console is deeper . you should send those pics back with the RMA. With a note saying don't worry I figured it out. they would probably spend thousands of dollars and who knows how much time trying to engineer a solution and you did it in a few minutes.

I believe they are the same depth because the console vault is the same for 2009-2012 F150's.

Your idea of returning the RMA with pictures got me thinking, so I replied to an email from the CV guy, who told me he would "take care of me", with pictures of my solution and:

"Never mind, I figured out a solution.

Might I suggest a note on your website letting other buyers know that the 1026 won't fit some newer F150's?"

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not very many have that yet,mine was april build and is not like that but im sure they have made a few since then.good info!

rgnewell

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
mods to console vault

So after more than six weeks of not hearing anything back from Console Vault, I contacted them to see if they had made a decision regarding a redesign. Their response was to send me an RMA so that I could return my vault.

I guess that means they have nothing in the works for the new console design.

I gave it some thought and decided it couldn't be too difficult to modify the side bracket to work with the new Ford console design. I took a few measurements, grabbed a cut-off wheel and got busy. After making the cut, I cleaned up the rough edges, applied some flat black paint, and bolted everything together.

Thanks for the photos. It is hard to find an F150 with the new console. I looked at a May 2012 build Raptor and it had the old console. I wanted to see if the modified parts I was having fabricated would make my safes fit the new model. Guess what, Ford also made a mid year change in the Super Duty Console.