Progressive springs my experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the Geiser bros. progressive springs installed on my 14. I had read many comments both positive and negative about running these springs at mid perch. After 10 days of driving both on and off road I must say I am totally impressed. I find the on highway ride a bit softer than stock mid perch but the off road ride is really an improvement far an d above any thing I expected. Now as to getting a full two inches of height I will say I did not get a full two inches. My front went from 42.25 at mid perch to 43 7/8 inches. This puts me with the rear measuring 44.25 at pretty darn close to perfectly level. So far I most pleased with my change.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I had the Geiser bros. progressive springs installed on my 14. I had read many comments both positive and negative about running these springs at mid perch. After 10 days of driving both on and off road I must say I am totally impressed. I find the on highway ride a bit softer than stock mid perch but the off road ride is really an improvement far an d above any thing I expected. Now as to getting a full two inches of height I will say I did not get a full two inches. My front went from 42.25 at mid perch to 43 5/8 inches. This puts me with the rear measuring 44.25 at pretty darn close to perfectly level. So far I most pleased with my change.

That's what she said. Carry on...

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that your happy @mudblood! I like that you went out on a limb and tried what you wanted. About your slight difference in rear and front height...once your springs settle some (probably about 1/2"), you'll be at about 1" higher in the rear. You could do a 1" drop shackle and be dead level.

I actually got my Gieser Bros progressive springs on today. I went with putting them at bottom perch (so with these springs its at about mid-perch height). For me, I'm not looking for any more lift than stock mid perch...I am just looking for best ride out of these springs. I went from stock springs on mid-perch to this. After installing these springs on bottom perch, I am sitting right now about 1/2" higher than I was at stock mid perch. After settling, I expect it pretty much exactly the same as before. I don't see any difference in height...the ride is the difference!

My impressions after one day of just street driving...AHHHHHHHH, THE RELIEF!!!
The pressure/stiffness has been released!!! The biggest thing that got to me about mid perch on stock was the "pogo"/stiff/pressure feel that it gave the ride on the street. I was relieved when I first drove it today that the front suspension was relieved! Let me just say, its still a truck, didn't feel like floating on a cloud...but anyone that knows the stiff feeling that the truck has on stock mid perch knows whats Im talking about. I would agree with others who have said that the ride of these on bottom perch is somewhere between stock bottom and mid...thats a good thing to me.

I will update after driving around a few more days and getting it off road some

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to hear that your happy @mudblood! I like that you went out on a limb and tried what you wanted. About your slight difference in rear and front height...once your springs settle some (probably about 1/2"), you'll be at about 1" higher in the rear. You could do a 1" drop shackle and be dead level.

I actually got my Gieser Bros progressive springs on today. I went with putting them at bottom perch (so with these springs its at about mid-perch height). For me, I'm not looking for any more lift than stock mid perch...I am just looking for best ride out of these springs. I went from stock springs on mid-perch to this. After installing these springs on bottom perch, I am sitting right now about 1/2" higher than I was at stock mid perch. After settling, I expect it pretty much exactly the same as before. I don't see any difference in height...the ride is the difference!

My impressions after one day of just street driving...AHHHHHHHH, THE RELIEF!!!
The pressure/stiffness has been released!!! The biggest thing that got to me about mid perch on stock was the "pogo"/stiff/pressure feel that it gave the ride on the street. I was relieved when I first drove it today that the front suspension was relieved! Let me just say, its still a truck, didn't feel like floating on a cloud...but anyone that knows the stiff feeling that the truck has on stock mid perch knows whats Im talking about. I would agree with others who have said that the ride of these on bottom perch is somewhere between stock bottom and mid...thats a good thing to me.

I will update after driving around a few more days and getting it off road some

Glad your enjoying them. From what I have read the springs do not really settle that much. At most about 1/4 inch. My tank was full the first time I measured. I now have half a tank and the truck is exactly perfectly level as a matter of fact the front is actually 1/8 inch higher but who is complaining. The one issue I have found is the quality of the front springs show up the crappy stock rear springs. I do see Deaver +2 somewhere in my future.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha! Yeah, I actually was thinking the same thing about now needing Deavers! I was warned by one member on here that these springs would do that...expose the poor ride in the back. Just from driving it one day, I can see that. These front springs did solve my biggest problem of the pogo for sure, so that's worth it's weight in gold. I think I blamed every little bump and hop on the front suspension when I felt that tension there. With these new springs, I definitely like the way the front feels and now can pinpoint the times when the rear are lacking.

Guess we opened the flood gates, huh @mudblood! Just kidding...I'm glad we did. When I get my Deavers, I'm all set and will be really really happy with my setup.

@M64D RAPTOR -congrats on the order, you will be happy with them. What's your plan? Are you going to put them on at bottom or mid perch?

Last edited:

caisaacson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deavers most definitely make a huge difference.

How much yall paying for the progressive springs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$500...not cheap but worth it to me

I agree particularly when folks who had Fox 3.0's are switching back to the stock Fox shocks and going with these springs and enjoying the ride much more. I got a huge improvment for 500 bucks much more than things I have done for twice the price.

Cory, you enjoy the new ride!!!!!:favorites13: