First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel Well Coating

To provide better protection on the plastic wheel wells, and to make cleaning easier, I applied Ceramic Trim Coating while the wheels were off the truck.

The Ceramic Trim Coating Kit comes with everything you need for the application.

01.jpg

I started by washing the truck in the driveway, spending extra time scrubbing the plastic wheel wells and plastic mud flaps with Tire & Rubber Cleaner, then rinsing good with the pressure washer.

This photo shows the rear splash liner after the regular wash.

02.jpg

Moving the truck into the garage, and removing all four wheels, I gave the plastic liners and the plastic mud flaps another scrubbing with Tire & Rubber Cleaner and a small dish brush.

03.jpg

04.jpg

Next, I rinsed with distilled water in the Pressurized Spray Bottle, with a plastic tub underneath to catch the runoff.

05.jpg

This scrubbing and rinsing process was repeated for the front liners, with the addition of a piece of cardboard on the floor to soak up some of the rinse that did not make it into the tub.

06.jpg

I used the Blaster Sidekick to get most of the water off the plastics, then followed up with a clean Utility Towel.

To prepare the surfaces for coating, I used the Coating Prep by spraying the plastic, while being careful not to overspray the paint, then wiped thoroughly with a clean Utility Towel.

07.jpg

Using the provided applicator pad, I applied the Trim Coating to the plastic surfaces, first applying in a vertical pattern, then going right back and applying in a horizontal pattern to ensure even coverage.

08.jpg

On the larger front wells, I applied the product to about ¼ of the area, vertical then horizontal, before moving on to the next area. This was done to ensure that the product did not start to cure before I could go back over it in the opposing direction.

09.jpg

After letting the coating cure in the heated garage for 24 hours, I then sprayed the plastic wheel well surfaces with Ceramic Boost and wiped down with a clean Utility Towel.

The Trim Coating did darken the plastics nicely, especially on the front liners.

Note that for each step/product, I used clean Utility Towels. You do not want to re-use any towels for the different steps.

Last edited:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wheel Well Coating

To provide better protection on the plastic wheel wells, and to make cleaning easier, I applied Ceramic Trim Coating while the wheels were off the truck.

The Ceramic Trim Coating Kit comes with everything you need for the application.

View attachment 83785

I started by washing the truck in the driveway, spending extra time scrubbing the plastic wheel wells and plastic mud flaps with Tire & Rubber Cleaner, then rinsing good with the pressure washer.

This photo shows the rear splash liner after the regular wash.

View attachment 83786

Moving the truck into the garage, and removing all four wheels, I gave the plastic liners and the plastic mud flaps another scrubbing with Tire & Rubber Cleaner and a small dish brush.

View attachment 83787

View attachment 83788

Next, I rinsed with distilled water in the Pressurized Spray Bottle, with a plastic tub underneath to catch the runoff.

View attachment 83789

This scrubbing and rinsing process was repeated for the front liners, with the addition of a piece of cardboard on the floor to soak up some of the rinse that did not make it into the tub.

View attachment 83790

I used the Blaster Sidekick to get most of the water off the plastics, then followed up with a clean Utility Towel.

To prepare the surfaces for coating, I used the Coating Prep by spraying the plastic, while being careful not to overspray the paint, then wiped thoroughly with a clean Utility Towel.

View attachment 83791

Using the provided applicator pad, I applied the Trim Coating to the plastic surfaces, first applying in a vertical pattern, then going right back and applying in a horizontal pattern to ensure even coverage.

View attachment 83792

On the larger front wells, I applied the product to about ¼ of the area, vertical then horizontal, before moving on to the next area. This was done to ensure that the product did not start to cure before I could go back over it in the opposing direction.

View attachment 83793

After letting the coating cure in the heated garage for 24 hours, I then sprayed the plastic wheel well surfaces with Ceramic Boost and wiped down with a clean Utility Towel.

The Trim Coating did darken the plastics nicely, especially on the front liners.

Note that for each step/product, I used clean Utility Towels. You do not want to re-use any towels for the different steps.

Looks good so far, but when do we see the finished product?

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good so far, but when do we see the finished product?

When the weather decides to get above freezing so I can wash the truck and see how it works for making cleaning easier. This winter has been one of the coldest on record. Stinkin' 2 degrees F yesterday morning!

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When the weather decides to get above freezing so I can wash the truck and see how it works for making cleaning easier. This winter has been one of the coldest on record. Stinkin' 2 degrees F yesterday morning!

I understand, same here, going to be in the 40's here tonight.

A lot of rain here this winter, love the rain. But I don't even try and keep my truck clean right now, just a waste of time.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been know to clean my truck just before a rain or snow storm. If the temps are below freezing I go to a laser touch less wash or quarter power sprayer.

I went to the car quarter wash 3 time at Snoball ask anyonne from Alpha group. I think I am influencing other at the run I saw a lot of other clean trucks each morning!