R1Concepts Eline Series OEM Blank Rotors NO LONGER ZINC Coated!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found out this week after submitting an order for a set of Eline Series OEM Blank rotors for a customer in the UK that they will no longer coat the OEM blanks with the Zinc coating. The reason behind this move is that they had received reports of premature brake pad failure on them and they figured out that without drilling or slotting, the Zinc coating would actually kind of "gum up" on the pad braking surface instead of being cut away by the pad braking like it does on the drilled and or slotted version. Apparently this was causing some styles of pads to actually come apart. So the decision was as much for safety as anything else. This issue does NOT happen on the drilled and slotted versions, I am actually running the Eline series drilled and slotted rotors on my wife's Yukon Denali (been on that one since November 2011 without issue) and my half ton Silverado.

As more updates become available from R1Concepts, I will keep everyone up to date as much as possible! Have a great day!