Post pics of your antenna mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thinking of getting a vehicle mounted radio since they are either required or recommended for most runs. my biggest problem is where to mount the antenna. i really dont want a magnet mount and i dont want to drill into my roof either. i would like to do a bed rail mount but i have a bed cover that over laps a the rails a bit so i am want to see what others did so i can get a little outside the box and think of a way to mount mine.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You saw my build thread already. You can make the mount as tall as you need to clear the cover. Mine is about 3" tall. After 6 months, 2 of which have been heavy weather (snow and rain) the mount still looks like it did on install day.

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You saw my build thread already. You can make the mount as tall as you need to clear the cover. Mine is about 3" tall. After 6 months, 2 of which have been heavy weather (snow and rain) the mount still looks like it did on install day.

Thanks. Yeah I actually found yours after I made this. I might go that route but Im still interested in what others did

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1394033617853.jpguploadfromtaptalk1394033629231.jpg

Here is mine for my dual cab firestick set up. I bought an angle bent mound then hammered them down til they rounded out and mounted by drilling into the rails. Very sturdy and allows my bed cover to close and allows my soft roll up cover to sit in place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you decide to do a 'thru the window' mount . .
make sure you activate your wipers & check furthest extension
so wiper blade does not impact antenna.
The 1st picture of the square tuning box with the short reflector antenna is on the inside.
Mounting this is a "one shot deal". Since it is a stick-on, you'll need to carefully align it up.
Failure is not an option.
There is no 2nd try.
I slightly or lightly sanded on the outside, then used alcohol prep, stuck the antenna, then super glued around edges several times.
The antenna has been on the Raptor for 2 years in temperatures that range from -5*F to 100*F.
I can open the window and unscrew the antenna before putting it in the garage.
I only forgot two times and whacked the antenna, but nothing happened.
This is a 2 meter / 70 cm antenna.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 159
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 166