Opinion on audio components

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Noah's @The Car Stereo Company expertise. Got most of my stuff from him and the few things I did not I wish I would have. I went with Hertz's top of the line stuff for components and JL 10's. Noah built my box. Two things that I wish I would have listened to him on, went with Focal components and different subs. It sounds great and all fits very well, but when I compared my Hertz stuff to Focal mid-range mine is lacking. My JL 10's are not as strong as they should be and if I had went with his engineered solution I know it would be better. The Mosconi processor controller is flush mounted below my AC controls, love that thing.

Attachments

• AMP Cover.jpg
    AMP Cover.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 105
  • PC2.jpg
    PC2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Travenport

Reaction score
206c3b11b26fdd3f932a729211331444.jpg

This is an old pic (my only pic currently) but in this one it slid forward when I braked but it fits all the way under the seat and doesn't hit anything where I put them. When it beats hard it'll hit the felt on the bottom of the seat but never touch anything hard. I put the amp behind the rear seat.

The box is a 2 chambered dual 12 set up.

Since then I tabbed it to a seat bracket so it doesn't move anymore! It's worked well for me for 40,000 miles so far. When I get my truck back from ford I'll send some better pics!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

I'm in no way a professional builder or anything and I was proud of the outcome. My local audio shop told me the biggest thing I could do was one 10 or 1 to 3 8 inches firing out. I already had the 12s and they wanted 3,500 to move the seat up and build a box and whatnot. I did it for ~50 bucks excluding sub prices which weren't too bad

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Those are full sized subs though correct? Ive seen some shallow 12s that look like they would fit pretty well

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

I went with Noah's @The Car Stereo Company expertise. Got most of my stuff from him and the few things I did not I wish I would have. I went with Hertz's top of the line stuff for components and JL 10's. Noah built my box. Two things that I wish I would have listened to him on, went with Focal components and different subs. It sounds great and all fits very well, but when I compared my Hertz stuff to Focal mid-range mine is lacking. My JL 10's are not as strong as they should be and if I had went with his engineered solution I know it would be better. The Mosconi processor controller is flush mounted below my AC controls, love that thing.

Holy shit, that setup looks clean!

Mind if i ask how much it ran you? I already know it is out of my budget, but it'd be nice to know in a couple years or so, for after I close on my house and fix it up a bit.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy shit, that setup looks clean!

Mind if i ask how much it ran you? I already know it is out of my budget, but it'd be nice to know in a couple years or so, for after I close on my house and fix it up a bit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think all in it was around $7-8k. I did sound deadening through the whole truck at the same time along with accent lighting. All of the install was done by myself, so I saved on labor.

BlackScab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at installing the following:

Audio Control DM810 (mounted behind rear seats)
JL Audio HD900/5 Amp (with remote bass control knob)
Focal Es165K fronts and Focal 165AC rears
Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 sub (with custom enclosure behind rear seat)

Will also probably do some sound deadening at least in front doors....

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

I located this product and can see that it is a new product so it would be difficult to gauge its performance.

What advantages will this PAC interface provide to the Sony w/ 8" MFT users vurses an expensive sound processor?

Mickey
that part is just a fancy hi/low converter. better than the stuff you would get from a shop just adding stuff but not as good as a processor. a true processor allows for frequency adjustments, gain adjustments, time alignment, and the ability to tune individual speakers. definitely better than the cheap hi/low converters though

scootr2200

Reaction score
that part is just a fancy hi/low converter. better than the stuff you would get from a shop just adding stuff but not as good as a processor. a true processor allows for frequency adjustments, gain adjustments, time alignment, and the ability to tune individual speakers. definitely better than the cheap hi/low converters though

With a processor, do the 8" MFT folks lose the ability to adjust the volume with the factory volume adjustment? And is there a display that has the be mounted externally for adjustment purposes? I have seen several processor displays, like what is shown in post #11 of this thread.

Mickey

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a processor, do the 8" MFT folks lose the ability to adjust the volume with the factory volume adjustment? And is there a display that has the be mounted externally for adjustment purposes? I have seen several processor displays, like what is shown in post #11 of this thread.

Mickey

Factory volume works fine. All the factory controls work as designed. The only function that I did not keep is the fade from rear to back, because of the amp outputs I chose to use. Display for the processor is optional, not required. Allows for more functional tuning instead of one solid preset all the time.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mickey

Factory volume works fine. All the factory controls work as designed. The only function that I did not keep is the fade from rear to back, because of the amp outputs I chose to use. Display for the processor is optional, not required. Allows for more functional tuning instead of one solid preset all the time.

this is correct. with the fader you dont really need it because those adjustments are made at the amp, or with the external controller that you can choose to use