Homelink visor for the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am researching the Homelink option and have found a part # 9L3Z-1504105-DC that is a black visor equipped with a homelink that will fit in the Raptor. I believe it is a plug-and-play self contained unit, meaning that it uses the 12v for the vanity mirror and the "brains" of the thing are all contained in the visor itself. I will confirm this tomorrow and return a post here.

Confirmed, it is plug-and-play. Uses power and ground already supplied for vanity mirror.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can we get a price check on that? :D

How's the visor removed and the new one installed? And the electrical connection?

(Still trying to get someone to show us how it's done :D )

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hell I don't know if my door opener uses rolling codes or not but this is a "mod" I would be willing to do...if we get instructions or a schematic or something.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hell I don't know if my door opener uses rolling codes or not but this is a "mod" I would be willing to do...if we get instructions or a schematic or something.

See there! I'm not the only one who wants to do it but needs some assistance.

But I need a lot more than a schematic :D

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Dan, no schematic necessary on this one. Unscrew the visor, (2 screws) pull the visor down gently and the two wire connector will be exposed from the headliner. Unplug the connector and remove the visor. Plug in the new visor, feed the connector back up into the headliner and reattach the new visor with the screws previously removed. Walah! you are in business. Price check.......around $270 smackaroos........ouch!!

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read on the evil site that a guy got one off e-bay(think junk yard) and installed it in his existing visor $20.00 and two hours time. He posted pics of the install. It looked good and would be an easy DIY install. Sorry I am a member of banned camp so I can not get you a link. When I find a used visor I will do the mod and take pics and post it.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Car2U visor swap on Friday (1st Mod).

Undo two screws, pull out connected from headliner and detach. Attach connector for new visor, stuff wiring back into headliner, re-attach with the two screws, and program.

30mins including reading the manual for programming and time hunting for ladder to get to the 'learn' button on the garage door drive unit.

Andy