Interest in an Alaska run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been kicking this idea around for a while now and the Baconator just sparked my interest again. In the first part of idea stages now and just wanted to get an idea of who on the forum may be willing to make the drive through Canada and spend a few days in AK. Maybe 4-5 days on the run depending on where we go. There are a number of unimproved and washboard gravel roads here from a few miles to a hundred or more. Some lead pretty cool places like the abandoned Kennecott mine, McCarthy, the million dollar bridge in Cordova, the Dalton highway, and Devils Mountain lodge. There would be a mix of road miles and off road miles but all fairly open "roads" no tight trails or true off road areas since you really need a track rig or a helicopter here for that. :crazy: We would probably be staying in out of the way lodges for most of the evenings although we can plan at least one tent camp night if that's what people want. The best time of the year is probably about the middle of July. Due to the logistics involved for most of you and the fact that everyone would have to book their rooms and such early due to tourist season this is probably a July of 2016 event with a pre-run this summer for the closer folks. Feel free to comment and ask questions and let me know what everyone thinks.
JAY

Attachments

• 4627188220_fa3f9722dd_o_675.jpg
    4627188220_fa3f9722dd_o_675.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 158
  • MILLIONDOLLARBRIDGE1.jpg
    MILLIONDOLLARBRIDGE1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 154
  • 050813-151.jpg
    050813-151.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 168

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Sub'd for 2016 run...

And take Dalton highway as far as it goes. I guess it ends near some oil fields or something.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow what a great opportunity for those that can get there.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sub'd for 2016 run...

And take Dalton highway as far as it goes. I guess it ends near some oil fields or something.

Um....haven't the Illinois crew (and some Okeys!!) shown that if your connected by land to the US that we're gonna come to the pre-run!!!!!

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That would be fun! Everyone should make this trip at least once. I took my 88 Mustang GT a long time ago and stayed as far north as Coldfoot. Went to a LOT of places in a short amount of time. Can only imagine how much fun it would be with a bunch of Raptors!! Don't think I can swing that amount of time in July of any year due to my coaching commitments (which run through July usually each year) but I'll keep a watch here.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It depends. When we went in late July, early August, there were very few. A lot less than I was used to in the Rocky Mountains. We were way over prepared! Better safe than sorry though.