Ambient Light Option Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking about using the ford led's , I have a bunch from other projects but I've never been sure of the voltage? Are they 12v or 5v?

They're 12V.

gotcha
Single color Footwells :
Mutli color footwells:

Thanks, but I already have all the OEM LEDs and the trim panels that they were installed in from another F-150 that came with them. The OEM LEDs are all multi color; they use one ground and three power wires (red, green, & blue) and use these three colors to give you a total of seven available colors (red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, yellow, & white). I was only planning on applying + 12V to the blue wire, but if you have a controller that would work with these LEDs for a color changing effect, I may be interested.

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you sure it's not a common positive and 3 grounds? All the RGB lights I use work that way. Maybe hook it up to a 9v and test it? The controllers that I have would work with the type that I have and if yours work in the same way then it would work with yours.

They're 12V.

Thanks, but I already have all the OEM LEDs and the trim panels that they were installed in from another F-150 that came with them. The OEM LEDs are all multi color; they use one ground and three power wires (red, green, & blue) and use these three colors to give you a total of seven available colors (red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, yellow, & white). I was only planning on applying + 12V to the blue wire, but if you have a controller that would work with these LEDs for a color changing effect, I may be interested.

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I played around with these a few times using a 10V DC power supply and I'm sure I connected the negative lead to the black wire and the positive lead to one or more of the R/G/B colored wires. I'll double check on Monday though.

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I played around with these a few times using a 10V DC power supply and I'm sure I connected the negative lead to the black wire and the positive lead to one or more of the R/G/B colored wires. I'll double check on Monday though.

there maybe something new out there that I've never seen.

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I confirmed today that there is a positive wire for each of the LED colors and one ground. The wire colors correspond to the LED color (red, green, blue) and are labeled R, G, and B on the board. There is one brown wire for the ground and it's labeled GND on the board.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 146

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I confirmed today that there is a positive wire for each of the LED colors and one ground. The wire colors correspond to the LED color (red, green, blue) and are labeled R, G, and B on the board. There is one brown wire for the ground and it's labeled GND on the board.

weird, The controller I have wouldn't work for you.

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

What all is included in the single color kit? Are you able to dim these at all?

depends on how you wire them up. If you wire to the shift indicator then they are dimmable via the factory dimmer.