Windshield Shade Solutions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Living in the South West where it gets quite hot in the summer means it gets quite hot inside vehicles. You don't want to touch any metal inside the car (I once had a car with a metal shifter and I learned quickly not to grab it when I got in - remember Indiana Jones when the bad guy has the palm of his hand burned/branded?).

Because of the heat it's good to have some sort of shade for the windshield of your vehicle as it will keep the interior cooler and enable the A/C to cool it off faster plus it protects the insides from fading due to UV.

There are the standard folding, twist, roll-up and pop-up shades...

51XQ586TQXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41RN9EDJEYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

c4corvettelogosunshade1.jpg

and there's another product I saw on an FJ Cruiser that functions really well...

yhst-25123196523298_2094_62616

This is the Sunshade by Eclipse

yhst-25123196523298_2094_115265

From their website:

The modern styling of the Eclipse SunShade makes it the most attractive sun shade on the market.
  • Natural good looks and distinctive feel of fine fabric
  • Metalized on the outside, polished silver on the inside
  • Low proflile textured black retractor modules
  • Elegant styling
  • High tech compliment to today's vehicle designs

The retractable design of the Eclipse SunShade allows you to set it up and take it down in seconds.
  • Opens and closes in seconds
  • Automatic retractor system for drawing back the shade
  • Compact self storage right next to the windshield posts
  • Velcro fastening in the closed position
  • Removable with the twist of a wrist

yhst-25123196523298_2094_138859

yhst-25123196523298_2094_115265

It's very functional but the only drawback I can see is that the left and right units are on the windshield all the time (except if you remove them). The good thing is the Raptor's windshield is quite wide so I don't think they'd be obtrusive.

The quality of the product is quite high. IIRC the price is $60 - $80.

Anyone have any experience with this product?

Link to website: http://www.eclipsesunshades.net

Link to a review

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll stick with the redneck cardboard.

Here in NC, or SC for that matter, I have never used a sun shade. They are good to keep the sun off that priceless interior though....and keep it cool.