Vacation Help Please - New York - Eastern PA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, taking the family on vacation this next week. We're heading home to NE PA and then branching out from there in different directions every day.

We would like to see NEW YORK - Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and Ground Zero. My dilemma is that I DON'T want to drive the Raptor into New York City.

Where can we park and then take a ferry or subway train from New Jersey over to Lower Manhattan to see those three sites with some sort of appeared organization?

Thanx in advance

Tautog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the Atlantic Highlands,mtake sea streak ferry to the city groound zero. Then staten island ferry to statue. There are many other ways to do this, but no worries leaving your truck in the Atlantic Highlands. Good luck.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, he said fairy..... oh wait.... the other ferry.....

hey nick, get your ass in here.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

go hassle birdman. he isnt to far away. for a small fee, i will give you his cell phone number........

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I cringe thinking about parallel parking the Raptor in the Gaslamp district on a Fri. or Sat. night. Driving a Raptor in the city feels like taking an ****** to a company holiday party (awkward). But, she's a bad ass bitch after the party and loves to get dirty!

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, taking the family on vacation this next week. We're heading home to NE PA and then branching out from there in different directions every day.

We would like to see NEW YORK - Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and Ground Zero. My dilemma is that I DON'T want to drive the Raptor into New York City.

Where can we park and then take a ferry or subway train from New Jersey over to Lower Manhattan to see those three sites with some sort of appeared organization?

Thanx in advance

Port Imperial/ Weehawken- New York Attractions-NY waterway
Statue cruises.com

Weehawken is a good place to park and head into the city via ferry. Check with the statue sight to make sure the islands are open or not, If they are liberty state park is pretty good to park for the statue tour, you'll be in my neck of the woods 10 min away, let me know if there's any other info I can fetch for you.
Just to give you a heads up, just got back from the BLUE MAN GROUP show in the city, 35.00 bucks to park the raptor for 4-5 hrs.

Last edited:

RevlimitrSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are passing through or near Easton PA and have small kids the Crayola Crayon factory might be worth stopping for a few hours.

Also if you are travelling on 80, there is a restaurant in Clearfield PA called Denny's beer barrel pub that has awesome food and has been featured on many tv shows for its giant burger challenges.

cant help you with NY though sorry

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We're actually staying at a cabin in Kunkletown and the Crayola Experience is on the To-Do list. Heading to Hershey, Pittston, Lehman (My Hometown) and Phili/DC as well.