Uh Oh! Problem (again) - Hill Descent Control Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan... just curious.. what did the service dude say when you asked him for the OBDII codes? It is a simple request... and something FSM06 was anxiously awaiting. I can't believe you didn't ask him for the codes... so what gives? Did he just blow you off?

Falcon

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rut Roh. I didn't ask for the codes. I asked him what the problem was and he told me. I looked at the invoice and it notes they called the Ford Hotline (which they did the other times the Beast was in for the HDC fault message).

midcoregeek

Reaction score
Don't ban me but I loved my Mazda 3 (2005) It was a GREAT car: 48,000 miles with 0 problems.

Hope they fixed the problem on your Raptor for good this time!

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't ban me but I loved my Mazda 3 (2005) It was a GREAT car: 48,000 miles with 0 problems.

Hope they fixed the problem on your Raptor for good this time!

LOL! We're glad to have you here and we DON'T ban folks here.

antiban1.jpg

And the Mazda 3 thing was a goof - it came up because that's the car I got from my Ford dealer while my Raptor was in the shop.

As for the HDC fault, it's been in three times because there were 2-3 different issues. First time - HDC fault came on. 2nd time HDCU came on and so did my brake lights (constantly - didn't go off). They replaced the entire Hydraulic Control Unit and did an electronic bleed and they also replaced the brake light switch. The 3rd time was a HDC fault that came on while I was driving in the rain with my headlights on and they found corrosion in the CHMSL.

I'm not worried about all this. The dealership's taken good care of me and it's fixed (hopefully for good) and, except for some inconvenience, it's all good.