SVC Rear Bumper V3 with Weight Distributing (WD) hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Has anyone towed using a weight distributing hitch with the SVC V3 rear bumper with the integrated hitch receiver?

I've installed one before (not on my personal truck) and realize that 2 of the 6 mounting points are chopped to gain clearance, but that also the V3 moves the hitch mounting point up, closer to the frame, so in theory there should be less mechanical leverage against the frame from a torsional perspective.

Just wondering if this is something that will work to tow a travel trailer with a tongue weight of around 650lbs.

Hollywoood

Reaction score
I have discussed this with Jeff a couple times..
He says that it shouldn't be an issue. They can also add some additional gussets for towing strength.
My camper has about a 600lb tongue weight, and about 7klbs loaded.

I've got one ordered, hopefully it won't be an issue! :biggrin:

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I've got a V3 on mine and I tow regularly without a weight distribution hitch with zero issues. My toy hauler and SxS is around 8200 lbs wet
I do however check the hardware and make sure their tight quite often since EVERYTHING is reliant on those bolts not failing! I will be adding 2 tabs on the frame to hook my chains to since I'm worried about losing the bumper and trailer at freeway speeds

Attachments

• IMG_3923.jpg
    IMG_3923.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 170

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
I've got a V3 on mine and I tow regularly without a weight distribution hitch with zero issues. My toy hauler and SxS is around 8200 lbs wet
I do however check the hardware and make sure their tight quite often since EVERYTHING is reliant on those bolts not failing! I will be adding 2 tabs on the frame to hook my chains to since I'm worried about losing the bumper and trailer at freeway speeds

Lol gen 2 owners would hate to see this.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
I have discussed this with Jeff a couple times..
He says that it shouldn't be an issue. They can also add some additional gussets for towing strength.
My camper has about a 600lb tongue weight, and about 7klbs loaded.

I've got one ordered, hopefully it won't be an issue! :biggrin:

Great! Did you ask them to add the extra gusseting? Looking forward to hearing back from you on your thoughts once it is all installed and towing for you.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Fantastic! and Man, thats a lot of weight. Have you ever towed with a WD hitch? from experience w and w/o one with our raptor, the WD hitch makes it sooooooo much more comfortable over road imperfections and expansion joints.

In checking the bumper hardware have you ever found anything that needed adjusting back to spec? Ever had to tighten up a few bolts before a trip?

Hollywoood

Reaction score
Great! Did you ask them to add the extra gusseting? Looking forward to hearing back from you on your thoughts once it is all installed and towing for you.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Fantastic! and Man, thats a lot of weight. Have you ever towed with a WD hitch? from experience w and w/o one with our raptor, the WD hitch makes it sooooooo much more comfortable over road imperfections and expansion joints.

In checking the bumper hardware have you ever found anything that needed adjusting back to spec? Ever had to tighten up a few bolts before a trip?

I finally had the time, and the help to get my bumper mounted up.. We are going camping this weekend, so I will report back on how the bumper performs. I am not anticipating any issue....

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
I finally had the time, and the help to get my bumper mounted up.. We are going camping this weekend, so I will report back on how the bumper performs. I am not anticipating any issue....
Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your feedback and seeing some pictures hooked up!

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh he said he was going to send pics and feedback of his svc bumper lol I was just wondering