Rotary polisher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnGash

Reaction score
From just reading lots of reviews from various sources (but not having actually used anything), the Flex 3401 is where I'm leaning.

OP
OP
M

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm about to do it the old fashion way... Without a machine.

I'm planning to do the waterless wash, Adam's claybar, Griots paint sealant, Adams Brilliant Glaze, then Adam's Americana Wax.

I'm not going to risk applying the products over the graphics.

My arms and shoulders are hurting just thinking about it.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I bought a angle grinder but switched out the discs to pads and wool pads and what not. It might not be a opm machine but it does the job and costed me nothing cause i already had it laying around

SVT Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a angle grinder but switched out the discs to pads and wool pads and what not. It might not be a opm machine but it does the job and costed me nothing cause i already had it laying around

that's crazy! just be very careful I guess. go flex and never look back.

frunko1

Reaction score
Variable speed is key. Hitachi and Makita make very good ones. I have a Hitachi currently and love it, got it for a good deal.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An angle grinder spins way to fast for polishing. They are rated at 10,000 rpm's. A good variable speed rotary will spin at 2000 rpm's. I like the porter cable 7424 or 7436. I have never used the flex, because I was and am happy with what I have. You want a dual action or orbital if you are going to polish cars with no experience. They are idiot proof, but not necessarily employee proof.