Rocker Rust 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevordbos

Reaction score
Structural integrity from an accident would be affected very minimally from this. However as a guy who runs a large body shop I can tell you we charge roughly $6500 to replace the inner and outer rocker panels and cab corners. That would be a fair price to pay. Roughly 50 hours of work done properly. Every one of these trucks rusts out right there. Problem is usually that if the rockers look like that then the floor support braces and floor itself usually isnt in great shape either.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have minimal interest in the truck anymore. Not sure my current lifestyle demands one. More interested in not having any payments....I guess if you told me I can spend 10k and the truck is still worth 30k vs just take 20k for it.....I would take the 20k and be done.

Will get some quotes. If it's 5 or 6 to fix it right....I would do that. Not interested in double that amount.
If you want to sell let me know. My local Ford dealer sends me an offer letter for my truck every month. They are desperate up here for trucks.

ratty

Reaction score
Structural integrity from an accident would be affected very minimally from this. However as a guy who runs a large body shop I can tell you we charge roughly $6500 to replace the inner and outer rocker panels and cab corners. That would be a fair price to pay. Roughly 50 hours of work done properly. Every one of these trucks rusts out right there. Problem is usually that if the rockers look like that then the floor support braces and floor itself usually isnt in great shape either.
yeah I was quoted 6k to fix jUSt my dissolved rusted rocker panels.... and that's from the smaller budget body shop. Yeah, that ain't happenin', I'll buy a different truck before I waste that kind of money to fix a modern vehicle.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2013 Limited I had before my Raptor was starting to rust through in the cab corners. I ended up selling it and getting my Raptor that had come from down south. I decided I wasn't going to drive the Raptor in the salt to preserve it though as it's incredibly clean underneath.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I really feel your pain coming from the Chicago area myself. Living in Colorado the last 40 years and having rust free vehicles is one of the major pluses of moving here. The Chicago area always overly dumps salt and toward the end of the winter season they really dump it if its needed or not so they will be allocated at least the same amount for the next year.

OP
OP
T

tacomoth

Reaction score
Took to body shop today....guy got out a magnet...looks like someone did some work on this prior....and or course wasn't disclosed to me and my fault for not getting this looked into.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my cab corners and rockers just recently. Truck looks brand NEW now. A friend of mine did it for me as a side job. Mine didn't look as bad as yours and my inners were completely fine. Key is to take care of it before the inner panels start to rust. But you won't know that until the outer one are removed. Inners will be big bucks. I also had all the miner corrosion taken care of on my bed rails and frame. Don't let anyone tell that you have to replace the entire unisides. People that do that are just to lazy or don't have the fabrication talent to cut, splice, and butt weld the new rockers