RELIABLE AIR CONDITIONER FOR TRUCK BED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir! The floor is completely flat, but elevated so you can still store some things in there. I don’t have kids nor hardly anyone who rides in the back seat, so it’s the perfect set up IMO.
Did you install it yourself and if yes, how difficult?

Zybane

Reaction score
I am surprised no one has posted this, but these just came out this summer. Should work perfect to run for a couple hours and keep your dogs cool:

I delete my rear seats and run a Gunner Kennal and just leave my truck running. Growing up in the South, it’s just too hot and humid to do otherwise.

I looked into it and it's quite terrible. 5K BTU is tiny. Just for reference, an economy car has about a 20K BTU air conditioner.

Does power remain in the OBD long after the truck shuts down?

Yes.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install it yourself and if yes, how difficult?
Yes, it’s not bad. All the bolts in the floor are pretty straightforward. The trickiest part can be getting the driver side of the seat to fold forward if you are not familiar with doing that. The passenger side rear seat has an attachment piece to fold the seat forward and unattach it from the cab side wall but the driver side does not. Besides that, both seats are bolted together so you have to remove them together when pulling them out of your vehicle.

I looked into it and it's quite terrible. 5K BTU is tiny. Just for reference, an economy car has about a 20K BTU air conditioner.

Yes.
That’s a fair point, but some air is better than no air lol. Just depends on your needs.