RECON Smoked LED lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RottenKid

Reaction score
The FedEx guy just dropped off my Recon 3rd Brake light. I've opened it up and am looking at the instructions. Maybe Recon changed things because the instructions are very straight forward looking to me, and I'm an electrical knucklehead. Three wires, B-R-W, described by function with mapping to the O.E. B-R-LB wires. How hard can this be? Still no O.E. plug but that doesn't seem a problem.

I'll report asap on the install but it just doesn't look that bad to me. For now I've got a boat load of Cinco de Mayo party prep to work through.

RottenKid

Reaction score
Okay... just finished this and I gotta say. You guys suck. ;-P
I'm pretty much a knucklehead when it comes to wiring and yeah... there was an extra wire on the truck side (LED light power?), but it took me longer hemming and hawing about whether I should send it back after reading all the commentary here than to do the snips and crimps once I pulled my ******* up a bit higher and got 'er done.

I do appreciate the earlier postings with the mappings and success stories but seriously- if I can do this... ANYONE can do this.
I'm happy with it. Having said that it will probably crap out tomorrow and spark a fire that will burn my truck to the ground but....
My review of its functionality mirrors what others have said. Cargo lights are lame (so what), looks great on my truck, flocks of women are chasing me down the street because of it, yattah-yattah-yattah....

sharpertouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a quick update... i just installed my recon led 3rd and also had no difficulties when following their online directions. which were as follows...
Recon white to OEM black on cargo socket (not brown)
Recon red to OEM red from center plug
Recon black to OEM white from center plug

Moridin

Reaction score
Just installed the Recon 3rd brake light last night, Sniperm... I'll put up some pics later.

Pics posted in this thread.

Last edited: