Rear Defroster Jumper Wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy2675

Reaction score
Had anyone used a jumper wire to bypass rear defroster? Mine does not work and I would like to be able to at least use the mirrors. I have seen one or two instances of people using a jumper wire, just want to do my due diligence before plugging a homemade wire into my new (to me) truck, is it safe? Is it going to overheat? I have made one already using 12ga speaker wire. Thanks!

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to see why mine doesn't work, nothing is wrong with the back glass that I can tell....I don't think it's a fuse since the mirrors do defrost. Btw someone said that Ford has a TSB or a recall to replace the back glass due to the shattering issue some have had? Sorry for jumping on your thread just figure anyone answering this may know the other as well

JDFRRC

Reaction score
I picked up a 2014 a few months ago and the rear defrost isn’t working. I just assume the po unhooked it but need to figure it out. Would be awesome if there really is a tsb or recall for this. Maybe I’ll reach out to the dealership this week and report back.

Last edited: