Raptors embark on a snowy adventure through the Grapevine trail for Snoball 12!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watched on YouTube a couple days ago. Did you switch lead trucks frequently? Any overheating issues or loss of power due to so much snow packing into the front of the truck? Plugged air filters?
Someone else posted a video of the run in the deep snow with drone footage of the lead truck. Amazing how much snow you can push through when its all fresh snow.

OP
OP
ACE

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watched on YouTube a couple days ago. Did you switch lead trucks frequently? Any overheating issues or loss of power due to so much snow packing into the front of the truck? Plugged air filters?
Someone else posted a video of the run in the deep snow with drone footage of the lead truck. Amazing how much snow you can push through when its all fresh snow.
The lead truck remains the same person (a guide who’s done it many many times) but if there is a more capable vehicle they’ll let them cut trail. For this area we actually had 2 of ford performance’s BRaptors and 1 of their 24 F150 Raptors cut the trail while others were getting unstuck! BRaptors saw some overheating when cutting trail with all the snow packed in. I dubbed it Sauna Mode because it literally looked like the BRaptor was in one haha My truck didn’t overheat and I don’t think any f150s did no plugged air intakes either10.jpeg

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So are you saying there were people from ford performance there?

yes engineering guys..

I think the braptors issues involved frozen grill shutters, at least the one in my group (private owner)

i cut some trail in my 19 supercab and you are loading the engine pretty good, so id let off as soon as i see 240 coolant temp, back away from the pile and wait a few min to cool down, maybe clean the grill out and move on... sometimes id only make it 50-100yards before the temps were getting up.
definetly easier if you are second or third in the line...

still running good at 68K
View attachment VID_170451217_070458_045.mp4