GEN 2 P05B0 lower active grille shutters code DTC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duff49

Reaction score
Keep getting a P05B0 active grill shudder code. I followed the diag in service manual up to the point of removal. Cleaned up one dead bug that didn’t seem to be limiting the range of roatation at all. The only thing I notice is the center shutter seems to rotate a little further in the open position then the top and bottom shutter. Could someone verify by looking at startup during its calibration sequence if this center shutter roatates a little further on another members truck? Here is a picture (best I could get) of the middle and bottom shutter.

Attachments

• 946319AC-1F2C-4F45-9C66-B4FAA8EA5D6F.jpeg
    946319AC-1F2C-4F45-9C66-B4FAA8EA5D6F.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 32

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep getting a P05B0 active grill shudder code. I followed the diag in service manual up to the point of removal. Cleaned up one dead bug that didn’t seem to be limiting the range of roatation at all. The only thing I notice is the center shutter seems to rotate a little further in the open position then the top and bottom shutter. Could someone verify by looking at startup during its calibration sequence if this center shutter roatates a little further on another members truck? Here is a picture (best I could get) of the middle and bottom shutter.
If it is still under warranty I'd take it back to a dealer. I'll have to check on mine about that center shudder.

OP
OP
duff49

duff49

Reaction score
If it is still under warranty I'd take it back to a dealer. I'll have to check on mine about that center shudder.
I enjoy doing most work on the truck myself, the service manuals on these things are amazingly helpful and straight forward. Just hoping for a secondary look on another truck before carrying out removing it and checking it manually. Thanks for any help.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I enjoy doing most work on the truck myself, the service manuals on these things are amazingly helpful and straight forward. Just hoping for a secondary look on another truck before carrying out removing it and checking it manually. Thanks for any help.
Well if you enjoy it and don't mind the extra work than have fun! I'll let you know about that middle shutter once I start up my truck.