No Music - MFT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got 60,000 miles on a 2014 and have never had that happen. If that's common, then the definition in the dictionary is wrong.

Take it to the dealer. Talk to the service manager. Show him the video that you took of it when it did happen (hint, hint)

Good luck!!!

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2014 12,000 miles and I have had it happen at least 10 times maybe more. The only thing that would work was to kill the motor , start it again , and it would reset .

I've had to do it at stop lights.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not common but happens, it's the way ford handles their ram for the head unit. Delete all phones on the sync unit. Then disconnect the negative battery for 10 min and re connect. Then sync the phone again.

OP
OP
Cobra2Raptor

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not common but happens, it's the way ford handles their ram for the head unit. Delete all phones on the sync unit. Then disconnect the negative battery for 10 min and re connect. Then sync the phone again.

Has the above been proven to fix this issue for good?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had it happen 3 times in the last 6 years, what you are experiencing is not "common". @carstereocompany
get your tags right.

the mft is not a good unit. as someone who spends all day looking at car audio, i have seen my fair share of sync/mft problems. however the majority of them dont have issues.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was having issues with mine not playing sound with my nav map and no sound with my phone. I deleted my phone and then added it again and set the language to Spanish and then back to English. No issues since. Wired I know but it works. That said the nav has been slow lately.

Quartz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally pulling the negative off the battery fixes sync issues for me. However, several days ago my bluetooth (with nav/ 2011 - sync) refused to turn on. I tried to pair but sync would not give me a code and prompted me to turn bluetooth on but it would not actually turn it on..meaning my phone, among others, would not discover sync. I pulled the #2 fuse which is the sync fuse and this fixed the problem for now.

Before this i tried a master reset, battery disconnect, iphone delete, reboot phone..everything I could try but pulling the #2 fuse in the passenger side fuse box solved this.

SVTgirlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Sync is glitchy. I have had the same thing happen to my 2013 SCREW. Sometimes music doesn't play, sometimes it won't let me push any buttons, sometimes the home button doesnt even work. Im at the dealership now, but like you, i wasn't able to replicate the issue... so i will see if they come up with anything. Ive had the truck about a month and had it happen 2-3 times. Doing a master reset works, or just waiting it out (about 5-10 min) works sometimes, but i don't think that should be normal. Especially because that deletes all of my settings every time i have to do a reset. If i get any answers ill post on here.

Sarah