GEN 1 My .50 cent mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pulled mine out to do this, bought the red tape and everything........WHAT???!?! Original owner installed the lit ones which are no longer lit. Tape trick no worky. Me no happy.

Here is how to remove vent -

Bozz, was it you that had the mystery switch on the obd port? Maybe the two go togather.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Bozz, was it you that had the mystery switch on the obd port? Maybe the two go togather.
Yes, that was me. Thought of this back then, checked it out at the time, nothing. Just need to get in there and trace the wires back. When I get around to it.

To be honest, I'd rather have the red tape that can be replaced every year or two than the lit ones.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, @Bozz. I think I'm going to go with reflective tape.
Still arguing with myself about what color.
(I fear I'm likely to lose the argument, too.) :rolleyes:

Next Morning Update:
Yeah, I lost. I happened to have some white 3M reflective tape in a box in my shop and my Raptor is Oxford White, so I took the path of least resistance. It's pretty neat. You can't tell the tape is there until the light hits it, and then it lights up. It's kind of a stealth solution - sometimes.
Thanks, Bozz. I've been thinking about this for several years and you finally got me off the dime.

Last edited: