maybe this will shut those toyota guys up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i remember seeing the one where they take them to the proving ground off road set up an the yodas bed was about to fly off pretty scary looking

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got 41 seconds into it and had to stop, I could not listen anymore. Seriously, any company that hires a public spokesman should not hire someone who says "ah" every few seconds. Extremely distracting, annoying and hard to follow.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got 41 seconds into it and had to stop, I could not listen anymore. Seriously, any company that hires a public spokesman should not hire someone who says "ah" every few seconds. Extremely distracting, annoying and hard to follow.
yeah i know what you mean. ah you ah should go ah about ah 3 minutes into ah the video though

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hum...I'm not really trying to play devil avocate but I don't see how this proves anything related to the bent frame issues that has been seen wih a few Raptors. The issue being presented for the Raptor is a hard impact on the frame which happens to be located near an access port in the frame. Frame deflection deals with twisting or tweaking a frame which is the result of a different situation. And to some degree, frame deflection is a good thing. An example of good deflection vs a rigid frame is torque put out by semi-tractors. Their frames are designed to flex in order to avoid damage...watch th frame on a semi-tractor as it moves from a dead stop. Further more, is the demo frame the same used by the Ford Raptor? I understand we use the same F150 frame but you can't fully see the area on the frame that is associated with the so-called weak spot on the Raptor? And how do we know the frame wasn't bent during the test?

You are correct, this does not prove anything related to the bent frame issue. This demo has nothing to do with specific issues or weakness of either frames. It is simply comparing the two frames in respect to their ridigity. What you take from this comparison is up to you. The bent frame issue is a totally different matter, one which would not be highlighted in a video made by Ford.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

While typing this, I am listening to Pandora radio. The song is "Bent" by Matt Nathanson. This also has nothing to do with Raptor frame issues. But, its ironic none the less.