Looking at used 2018 SCrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylor Royal

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry for the super noobish post, but I'm considering looking at a used 2018 Leadfoot SCrew with 35k miles I came across local to me. It looks to be in immaculate condition with a few mods (bed cover, new tires, bed liner) that I'd be doing myself. It's an 802a with the bead lock wheels and looks to be well treated.

What things outside of normal used car stuff(Raptor specific) should I pay attention to when looking it over?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
get a cold soak start up - listen for the cam phaser rattle at start up.
Does it have a moon roof? If so, pop to vent position, then close. then open to there rear, make sure it’s not sporting busted tracks.

at some point in ’18, they dropped the plastic oil pan, that most of us have never had a problem with, but, some have leaked. check for oil leaks at the pan.

IWE system noise: in 2 hi make sure you don’t hear any noises under acceleration. repeat in 4a for comparison.

Otherwise, usual used car stuff.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck with the purchase. Have it inspected at a Ford dealer. Crawl under it yourself and look around for any dents underneath, would be a sign it was offroaded too hard. Look for leaks in the shocks.