Gen 1 back up camera quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve searched on this and found non-functioning units; however mine works and perhaps is within “2010 spec”; however, it’s washed out more often than not, appears foggy and just a POS.

Are there any plug and play options for the camera only OR would ordering a new OEM camera help? Nearly useless in some situations.

Thanks for any insight here

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded in my 2021 wrangler for a 2010 raptor. Crazy trade I know. The backup camera in that wrangler was amazing. The one in the raptor blows. It’s extremely dated and foggy as you said. Even after me cleaning it. I’m looking into swapping the camera out.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Traded in my 2021 wrangler for a 2010 raptor. Crazy trade I know. The backup camera in that wrangler was amazing. The one in the raptor blows. It’s extremely dated and foggy as you said. Even after me cleaning it. I’m looking into swapping the camera out.

Wonder if a newer f150 cam would be plug n play, with little modding to the cam location ..?.. this is above my pay grade though lol