FS in VA: Completely Restored 65 Mustang 39K Original Miles!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ASKING $21,500 OBO. CASH TALKS!

This is not a $15-20K Mustang that you see all over the place. This is a top tier Mustang, as you can see from the description below. Most of the cheaper examples in the market will show why the price is lower if you look over the interior, under the hood, or especially on the undercarriage. Look at the details underneath and under the hood in my pictures. Also, take note of the pictures down the body line, all panels are straight and true with no waves. The body lines and gaps all line up! There are many cheaper ones out there, but I guarantee there are few that are nicer, and the ones I have seen are trailer queens, and are demanding a higher price. The only reason for selling is because we are really looking at 30's street rods and found one that we like.

There are nearly 100 pictures in an online photo album that can be found here:
65 Mustang Photos by ULragin_cajun | Photobucket

Fully restored, numbers matching 1965 Mustang Couple. 39K ORIGINAL MILES!! DMV has confirmed through title searches. It's rare to find one that sat hidden away for so long. Yep, that's right, not only is this a mint car, but low original mileage!

I am the 3rd owner, and the 2nd owner did the restoration which is only a few years old. This car sat in a barn in Virginia since the early 70's and the 2nd owner purchased it to perform a full restoration.

An appraisal this month valued the car at $30,500... I wish the market still represented those figures! In addition to the wheels shown on the car, I will include a full set of American Racing Torque Thrust wheels mounted on tires. The tires aren't great on the the spare set of wheels, but the wheels are in mint condition. The tires that are mounted on the car, are like brand new.

All numbers matching, came from the factory as a 289 'C' Code with the 2 barrel carb, but has been upgraded to the 4 barrel version, with HI-PO exhaust manifolds and OEM GT exhaust with the correct rear valance. All upgrades are with Ford OEM parts, the only aftermarket addition to the car is the Vintage Air unit.

Car has power steering, automatic transmission, and vintage A/C which has been recently installed. Paint was resprayed the original Rangoon Red, over a red interior. This is a very nice car, and has won many awards. This is as nice a driver as you will find, the entire underbody was fully cleaned, prepped and restored as well. Any nicer, and this would be a Concours car, destined to be a trailer queen. Take a look at the pictures in my photobucket account, the underside is spectacular, and the car is never driven in the rain.

Entire body was very solid before the restoration. Some rust was found in the bottom of the Driver's fender at the time of restoration, so the fender was completely replaced with Ford new/old stock metal. The only patch panel was in the rear fender... Floor pans, trunk, wiper cowling, and shock towers were all in great shape. The body and frame represented probably one of the best platforms for a total restoration, I've seen.

It seems that this car was likely assembled around the time many of the changes from 64 1/2 to 65 were occuring. There are many indicators of a 64 1/2 , but just as many of the 65 indicators. Also, this car was apparently ordered from the dealer with no side view mirrors. These were not shaved, I have been told it was pulled from the barn this way prior to the restoration.

There are nearly 100 pictures in an online photo album that can be found here:
65 Mustang Photos by ULragin_cajun | Photobucket

If you would like any specific photo taken, please let me know and I will be happy to take them and email them in high resolution. All of the pictures represented here have been scaled down to save space since there are so many of them.

We just came back from a show and came back with best original in class... If you are looking for a stock cruiser, this a prestine, numbers matching original that you will have a lot of fun with. We are always changing around our collection, so we are looking to move this one along to make room for something new.

I am willing to sell or trade up/down as necessary. Cash can be added on my end as necessary... Interested in mild Pro-Street setups, hot rods, street rods, pickups, motorcycles and many classics. No full project cars though, I don't have time to take on a large scale project.

014_zps89c17418.jpg

002_zpsa05e6103.jpg

003_zps1accb6b7.jpg

004_zpse2b8d717.jpg

002_zpsa05e6103.jpg

007_zps98b154f0.jpg

009_zpsf023b3d8.jpg

010_zps63a0f8f9.jpg

chumpchange10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
send me your email address, I have a very nice 31 Ford Tudor w/ 351C/408 C6
TCI frame 4 link rear ind frt everything painted, polished, or chrome....Leather, power windows/seats STEEL BODY 2 1/2" chop.. I'll send you some pics trade and cash to me...Car will be in the show field June Carlisle Ford Nationals

OP
OP
cayenne

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
send me your email address, I have a very nice 31 Ford Tudor w/ 351C/408 C6
TCI frame 4 link rear ind frt everything painted, polished, or chrome....Leather, power windows/seats STEEL BODY 2 1/2" chop.. I'll send you some pics trade and cash to me...Car will be in the show field June Carlisle Ford Nationals

Sent you a PM