GEN 2 Ford ESP/Premium Maintenance Strategy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

INDO-RAPTOR

Reaction score
I am in agreement with BroncoAZ:
I did look into the service and warranty plans and came up with the following = Premium Care (Warranty) 8yr/125k ($100 deductible) and the Premium Maintenance Plan (ESP) for 8yr/125k (every 5k mile with Full Synthetic oil). It does consider the 5k service interval as Severe Service qualification.

I purchased both as I was looking at my overall planned mileage and my planned use with the truck. The Full Synthetic oil decision is based off of the principle of "choking" at the turbos (the hottest part of the engine oiling system). Full Synthetic has a higher "breakdown" temperature than Blended or Conventional oils. Our turbos use the engine oil, not separate oiling system from another source. While there may be debate as to the how good one brand of synthetic oil is compared to another, I know that I wanted my truck "covered" regarding any question and potential warranty repair.
So I go to my dealer for my services. I have similar programs on my wife's Mustang Ecoboost, yet with that Premium Maintenance Plan set for 7.5k with Full Synthetic. For us, it is peace-of-mind, and she likes having our household vehicle budget settled up front. (No argument there)

We usually do not keep our vehicles beyond 115k - 125k miles. For us, that usually means 10 years or less depending on who primarily drives the vehicle in question.