Extended Service Plan (ESP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine was 7yr/100,000 miles and I got it for around $1600.00. I never puy ESPs but with the suspension and the shocks especially I thought it would be worth it. Don't know if they'll cahrge any different prices for the 6.2 but I don't think they would.

Thanks,

1600.00 for 7yrs/100k isn't that bad at all.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A couple things... you can buy the ESP warranty from any Ford dealer and there are some on-line that give GREAT discounts! (Google is your friend) If I was interested I'd get a quote on-line before picking up my Raptor. Then when the F&I guys try to sell you the plan, you can ask them to match the best quote. Dealer prices do vary... sometimes by several hundred $$$.

If they won't match the deal, you can then buy it online from the other dealer. The "disadvantage" being that if you buy the ESP at the time of purchase you can finance the price in the deal.. if you buy later you can't. (but I'm not a believer in financing warranty plans anyway...)

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great point(s) Mark, shop around gang!! ESP's are like insurance policies. If you purchase them and never use them, then it is what it is, but one transmission or engine failure and they can pay for themselves PDQ!! Also, ask your dealer because some policies will refund the purchase price if never used by the end of the policy.

FSM

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a few, and I always got any "unused" pro-rated portion back, but never heard of going term and getting money back if never used? Is this through the dealer?

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What GREAT tips...

Made me think of something else. If you were making a list of things that you "WISH" you would have done before you went to pick your truck up, what would be on it? So far I've got my Weather Tech floormats ready to go in, and my Craven stubby. I have all my financing ready and insurance set up... I now need to research the heck out of online ESP's and be ready to talk firmly and informedly [<-- is that even a word?? Should be! <GG>] when I pick up my Raptor.

You guys that have already been thru that experience, is there any thing that you got home and did a head slap "Sh*t... I was gonna..." or worse yet, got to the dealer and had to say... "Hmmm... I don't know... haven't thought about that. Let me think about it/talk to the wife/kick myself in the butt for not expecting this and get back to ya."

You get the idea... any thoughts?

Falcon

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What GREAT tips...

Made me think of something else. If you were making a list of things that you "WISH" you would have done before you went to pick your truck up, what would be on it? So far I've got my Weather Tech floormats ready to go in, and my Craven stubby. I have all my financing ready and insurance set up... I now need to research the heck out of online ESP's and be ready to talk firmly and informedly [<-- is that even a word?? Should be! <GG>] when I pick up my Raptor.

You guys that have already been thru that experience, is there any thing that you got home and did a head slap "Sh*t... I was gonna..." or worse yet, got to the dealer and had to say... "Hmmm... I don't know... haven't thought about that. Let me think about it/talk to the wife/kick myself in the butt for not expecting this and get back to ya."

You get the idea... any thoughts?

Falcon

This could be a whole new thread LOL...