Any tips on how to protect from beach corrosion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Gilligan

Reaction score
Gilligan, also worth looking into is the local ford dealers get discounted rates. If you have a contact there make the arrangements for you I believe it will save you some $$.

Good call on this one buddy, $250 total for rust protection and undercoating.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gilligan,
I think it was around $300 or so...Go to their website and link to the most local dealer and give them a call...
Eddie
Eddie, according to their site there is no one on the island, the closest dealer is NJ or upstate. do you mind telling me who installed this for you. thanks

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
03svt,
I went to college in Worcester, Ma, and studied at the then new U Mass medical school library in Shrewsbury. They were the closest dealer, and did an outstanding job, masking off the shocks and being very thorough. Indeed I plan on returning 9/16 after completing the "Dirty Dozen" Maine Raptor run... for a touchup/cleaning/paint sealing.
I took the Orient Point to New London ferry, then 395 to 290 to the Shrewsbury exit. The Ziebart dealer is right on the main road through the commercial district.
Eddie

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

The Shrewsbury, Ma Ziebart franchise:

Shrewsbury- MA

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't do Ziebart!!!!!! I live in northern Michigan and I had a Ziebart coat done in October last year. After 3 offroad trips in snow and 1 in sand in the winter most of the coat cracked and fell off. Pos undercoating, went to my local rhinoliner and he sprayed the bottom with a rubberized tar, just like bottom paint for boats. Its held up great after 6 sand trips and 3 snow trips this year.

OP
OP
G

Gilligan

Reaction score
I wish there was a solid answer to this one.

Some people swear by Ziebart and several others swear against it, and it seems like that is about standard for all the solutions i've come across so far

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JJf150harley,
I lived in Iron Mountain,MI...over the bridge and west of Escanaba for 3 years, and my Ziebart treated Dodge 3500. Audi A6 wagon, and Isuzu Vehicross survived unscathed, no rust, and undercoating intact.
I travelled thousands of miles on the UP salt covered roads, and NO RUST!!!! STILL 6 years later!
Eddie