GEN 2 2020 Trans Noise (Video)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am attempting to find the culprit of a noise I have coming from my transmission area recently. The noise directly coincides with the vehicles shifts. In this video: I am stationary, in manual mode, and shifting back and forth from gears 1 and 2. This is my first time being able to record the noise from the outside of the vehicle as I didn’t know I could reproduce it when stationary. Any help is appreciated

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First off, really not the noise I was expecting when you said you had a trans noise. I was really expecting some "squeal like a pig" or something.

To me this sounds like a chattering solenoid or clutch pack. I would have a transmission service and see if it remains. How many miles?

OP
OP
LeadFootLarry

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, really not the noise I was expecting when you said you had a trans noise. I was really expecting some "squeal like a pig" or something.

To me this sounds like a chattering solenoid or clutch pack. I would have a transmission service and see if it remains. How many miles?
20k on the ODO. I know it’s under warranty still, so I won’t be paying to have it serviced at this time. Waiting to get an appt to bring it in but just wanted to see if anyone has had similar issues or has heard a noise like it before

Andrrw

Reaction score
Mine just started clicking at 8K. New trans has been ordered. I have heard there is a pump that ran off of the torque converter on the 6R80. Ford put in a different kind of pump and it goes bad. Not sure if this is 100% accurate but sounds likely.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It’s easy to avoid trans noise, don’t pick up trannies in your Raptor.

Not sure what to make of the noise in the video either.