Forced to change our name

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone. over the next few weeks you will notice a different logo than what we've had for the past few years. Ford Motor Company has requested that we get rid of the name Raptor in our name. We are going to try to keep this as simple as possible and keep as much of what your use to seeing. From here on out, Raptor Performance Group will officially be known as RPG Offroad. We will be changing all our facebook stuff, webstuff and everything else.

Please be patient with us during this transition as it is turning out to be more of a headache than I thought it would.

Thanks from all of us at

RPG Offroad.

Jarrett

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Save me a couple decals behind the cooler that will be filled with ice cold Coors beer!

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lame!

Did Ford trade mark the name Raptor?

Yep,

From our understanding, For trade marked "Raptor" so it's application specific. If we were selling books on the dinosaur then we would be fine. But because we are selling parts to make the Raptor better, I guess that's a no-no.

Live and learn. I'll be curious to see how many others this may affect.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Save me a couple decals behind the cooler that will be filled with ice cold Coors beer!

I can do that. The worst part about this is I just ordered 2500 business cards, 100 t-shirts, about 300 stickers and wrapped the truck. Talk about bad timing.

Captain CABO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep,

From our understanding, For trade marked "Raptor" so it's application specific. If we were selling books on the dinosaur then we would be fine. But because we are selling parts to make the Raptor better, I guess that's a no-no.

Live and learn. I'll be curious to see how many others this may affect.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

I can do that. The worst part about this is I just ordered 2500 business cards, 100 t-shirts, about 300 stickers and wrapped the truck. Talk about bad timing.

You're not the only shop. I think Outlaw is dealing with the same thing. Best of luck with the transition.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You're not the only shop. I think Outlaw is dealing with the same thing. Best of luck with the transition.

I've heard the same thing but haven't had a chance to call Conner and see whats up.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Talk about ford ruining it for everyone else! Companies like you guys and others made the raptor what it is today and if it wasn't for any of the companies I don't think the raptor would be such a huge success like it is today. Can't believe ford would pull some ******** like this! SMH!

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. over the next few weeks you will notice a different logo than what we've had for the past few years. Ford Motor Company has requested that we get rid of the name Raptor in our name.
RPG Offroad.

Jarrett

so much for the synergy between two companies . trying to think of a plausible reason for ford to take action. to me it was comparable to free pub.

Captain CABO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard the same thing but haven't had a chance to call Conner and see whats up.

I don't think it's appropriate for me to post what Connor told me but i'm sure its similar to what's happening to you. He wasn't too stoked on it that's for sure.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
so much for the synergy between two companies . trying to think of a plausible reason for ford to take action. to me it was comparable to free pub.

Ya I really don't see the harm in it, I don't think Ford really has to worry about little old RPG. I'm assuming they just want to control the message a bit and don't want anyone possibly confusing us with a performance division of Ford or something.

It's ok though, we are going to launch our F-150 product line real soon anyway so I guess RPG Offroad makes life easier for us on that front.

RPG can mean anything now:hmmm2:

Status
Not open for further replies.