Air Intakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozraptor

Reaction score
Been thinking about getting air intake . There are so many different companies that make them ( KN, volant, Roush, AFE, etc..). Which company is known to make the best one for ford raptors as far as quality,fit, and results?

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Volant + donaldson power core == WIN (in my book at least)

Solid quality, and the filter will give you the best filtration available.

An alternative would be an AFE with lid and the donaldson power core filter from 5star tuning.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i love my AirAid. when i installed it before the Roush Exhaust, it really made the engine growl by itself!

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with Airaid and dry filter. Looks good and sounds great IMO. Easy to install. Seals against hood. Would buy again.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Ive got the AFE stage 2 with the pro s something filter.... had it for 20k KM it was awesome but still got muddy inside even with the lid.... I changed out the filter to a donaldson powercore AND WOW.... i can get this thing wet no problem, its louder made a bigger roar on my truck and my idles chilled out and wouldnt hop around a little.
They say they are good for like 100,000 miles.... i dont know but they are worth the 100 bucks each.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would really love to see some folks who have an airraid or AVE open element air filter who have put 10+ miles on their truck do an oil analysis. I have a hunch that there will be a hire amount of silicon/etc in their samples.

(meaning i dont think those filters are nearly as good as people think they are, ESP when you get up there in mileage and dont maintain them)

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would really love to see some folks who have an airraid or AVE open element air filter who have put 10+ miles on their truck do an oil analysis. I have a hunch that there will be a hire amount of silicon/etc in their samples.

(meaning i dont think those filters are nearly as good as people think they are, ESP when you get up there in mileage and dont maintain them)

Not why do you think the filters such as the Airraid, or not that great at filtering...say vs the stock filter...

Is this just a hunch or do you have some information that helped you come to the conclusion...